Thursday, March 27, 2014

Birds in Spring


I love how the first real sign of spring for me is the birds in the early morning.  When I see the first robin I know the weather is starting to change.  Even though we still had some snow this week I have seen the robins and know it is only a matter of time that we will start to get warmer weather.

This was a quick card created with a background I had stamped previously using paint.  I stamped up the images from the new Indigo Blue set.

I colored my bird and leaves with STAEDTLER Karat Aquarell Watercolor Pencils

The background is Artistic Outpost - Janes Countryside.

Have a lovely day!

Suzz

6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Suzz! I love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my sign of spring, too, Sue, and I've heard some new songs out there despite the white stuff on the ground, so it's coming! LOVE your card today and ditto Barb on the sentiment, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card. Love to make cards that combined different stamps and layers of inks. Need to try this layout with a few of my stamps.
    Thanks for sharing and have a great day.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Sue. I love the bird sitting amongst the leaves. Beautifully coloured as always! Everything over here has the beautiful bright green haze of fresh leaf buds and we have some cherry blossom trees already covered in blossom even though we've had some biting winds this week. We have a mini heatwave forecast for the weekend with temps in the 60+f. I hope they are right because that is my perfect temperature range ;D.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how the bird and leaves are the focal point. They blend with the subtle background beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!