Sunday, May 4, 2014

Family of Five

Happy Cinco De Mayo!    Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge  this week is about the number 5. Either use 5 products on your project or 5 of something (buttons, ribbon, etc).  The number five resonates for me because we are a family of 5. 

I decided to create 5 chipboard houses representing the family members.   Each one had me thinking through all my supplies to find bits and pieces that represents each of my family.  (I didn't include the puppies or the guinea pig as that took me away from my number 5!)

My cover was all about the home and was for my hubby as he is always working on some project around the house.  

The back side of my hubbies house is all about sports.  I took baseball images but he is a year round sports fan.  I actually met him playing volleyball.

My next house is for my youngest.  I mixed hers up a bit with a little bit of everything.


She was happy as long as it wasn't vintage. :)  She said the basketball was vintage.


On the flip side I picked out the friends and colored them because she is very social!

Next up is my son:
Another big sports fan and athletic
He played baseball since he was five with my hubby coaching for all those years.

Onto my middle girl who loves reading just like her mother:
I mixed images in to reflect her love of reading and learning.  She also spends a fair amount of time volunteering at church.

The last house is mine which reflects a few of my hobbies inking it up and gardening.


 This about sums it up:


 Thanks for sticking through all the photos:

Products:  Impression Obsession House Die, Darkroom Door - Create Art, Darkroom Door - Creativity Wordblock, Darkroom Door - Home, Darkroom Door - MusicDarkroom Door - Enjoy the Game, Ranger Archival Inks - Magenta Hue, Black, Cornflower, Watering Can, Potting Soil, Ranger Distress Inks - Picked Raspberry, Stampendous Winged Cross, Artistic Outpost - Think and Wonder, Stampers Anonymous - Train, STAEDTLER - Karat Aquarell Watercolor Pencils, Stampendous Jumbo Cling - Lovely Garden, Tissue paper, Crystal FlourishesIdea-ology - Regal Adornment, Stampendous - Crushed Glass Glitter, Paper Artsy - Hot Pick 1101 - Owl, Stampers Anonymous - Tiny ThingsGraphics 45 - Good Ol Sport Stamp Set #1, Graphic 45 - Good Ol Sports Stamp Set #2. Stamping Bella - Friends, Hero Arts - Formula Fun, Hero Arts - Collage FriendGesso Stampendous - Vintage Press, Stampendous - PenPattern Turtle, Graphic 45 Good Ol Sport - Paper, Artistic Outpost - Cracker Jack, Stampers Anonymous - Liner Ruler, Maya Road - Tiny Rulers, Maya Road Bing Chip - Motif, Eyelet Outlet Screw Brad, Basic Gray Wood Button

Come play along with us  for an opportunity for a chance  to win a   Simon Says Stamp $50 Gift Voucher.
Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

14 comments:

  1. Wow Suzanne! What a fun and creative project! Love all the details and how you personalized each page for each member of your family! What a great keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful Suzz. A great project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cool album! Love all the houses and what they stand for! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful family house book! love how each one reflects the personality of the family member! Very creative and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat idea to create chipboard houses! I love each of them and how they're all so different :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea!
    Each page is uniquely beautiful. What a wonderful tribute to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful project! Loved all the details for each family member. Mother's Day is practically here and I'm sure they appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous houses-and what a wonderful project!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow... Suzz, all these five pieces are amazing! I love those beautiful colors and embellishments on each piece. Great stamping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a totally amazing project! Not only is it gorgeous, but I love how you made each page totally specific to your children. I can get a sense of each one of your kids and their personalities and interests from looking through it. Not only does it show their interests, but each one is its own style, which is incredible. What a treasure and wonderful tribute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic project Sue! And such a great idea for the challenge. I love how you made each house to represent the specific family member. So special!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!! This is such a fantastic project and wonderful keepsake Suzz!! It's so very special and unique and a fabulous interpretation of our theme...just stunning!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can not choose! are all fabulous! Wonderful idea, beautifully done! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a fabulous way to interpret this challenge! I love everything about this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!