Sunday, May 11, 2014

"M" is for...

"M" is for Map!  The challenge this week at   Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is all about the letter "M". This week is May's birthday (Happy Birthday May!)  and you can use the letter "M" as your inspiration. 

My project started with the beautiful map from Impression Obsession.  I stamped it in a soft blue to create my background.
I stamped the map twice on a piece of cardstock using the new Ranger Archival Ink - Cornflower Blue.   I then repeated the stamping on a piece of tissue paper. which I mixed with a touch of gesso and blue spray and then applied to the bottom half of the map.

I distressed the edges with a distressing tool.  I sponged the edges with brown dye ink.
I then stamped the ship, sentiment, lighthouse using a gray ink.

I added screw brads on the corner.  I hot glued the shells to the front. I added a mix of sand in between the shells.   The background layer is painted white with acrylic paint and then I pulled the gray ink pad over the painted surface. I then inked up the edges of the chipboard with the gray ink.

Products:  Impression Obsession Map, PaperArtsy - Hot Pick 1202 - Lighthouse, Ranger Archival Inks - Watering Can, Black, Cornflower, Ranger Distress Inks - Vintage Photo, Tissue paper,   Gesso, Eyelet Outlet Screw Brad, Shells, Sand, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - verdigris, Darkroom Door - Sail Away,    Virtual Artistry - Lost and Found,

Come play along with us  for an opportunity for a chance  to win a   Simon Says Stamp $50 Gift Voucher.

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Suzanne! The map background looks fantastic paired with the beautiful stamped ship! What a wonderful scene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your incredible projects always amaze me Suzz. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... Suzz, this is such a gorgeous map with all the beautiful mixed elements. Wonderful stamping :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous and such a great use of that map stamp. Love the fabulous textures and all the little shells.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! Love it! And the texture with the shells ! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous creation! Loving all the dimension :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow - it´s great - a beautiful maritim Scene!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow--you left me speechless with this masterpiece, Suzz!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suzz your project is gorgeous! I love the map and the texture that you've given to your card is absolutely fantastic! Stunning piece! barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a gorgeous piece of art, Suzz with so much fabulous texture and dimension!! Love the little shells that compliment the theme so perfectly and I'm sure this will look fantastic hanging in it's pride of place.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow gorgeous amazing creation, the texture looks awesome and I love the faded worn look, it really captures the old sea man theme :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Suzz. What a very cool project! I love your stamps that you've used on this beautiful nautical themed piece. Your tissue paper that you've spritzed, sprayed and inked looks so cool on this! The shells that you glued to it are the perfect finishing touch. I love it! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely fabulous, Suzz - a brilliant weathered driftwood look, and those shells look amazing against the textured background - love, love it!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhhhh! This is so stunning and makes me want to run to the beach immediately! That map has such a great nostaligic look to it and the seaside texture you created is nothing short of phenomenal. I really love how your piece turned out and think your theme was amazing from the get-go!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love how you interpreted this challenge! its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!