Thursday, May 19, 2016

Shine Brightly

Hello!  I am back with a card featuring on of the new DarkRoom Door photo stamps that are just being released.


The lighthouse stamp was one of my favorites from the new release. I always love a beautiful lighthouse and the stories that go with them.  I created two different cards using this stamp.  The first card I used tissue tape on white cardstock to create a textured effect.  I stamped over it with black ink and then embossed with black embossing powder. 

I then sprayed the ends with black distress stain spray to create the dark frame around the tissue tape. It also added a little speckling over the edges which gave more light to the main image. 

After that I used watercolor pencil to add a hint of color to the image.  I was pleased it actually took the color and allowed me to smear it around a bit.  

For my second card a completely different take on the same stamp.
I stamped the image on white cardstock using black ink and then heat embossed it again. I created a mask of the stamped image so I could stencil the sun burst over the image.  The stamp comes with the lovely black frame around the image.  I inked up the image in the previous card  partially to avoid most of the frame.

Hope this brings a little ray of sunshine into your day. (ha ha)

Suzz

1 comment:

  1. Amazingly different creations Suzz, love them both. Have a great weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!