Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Our House

Happy Tuesday! I was inspired yesterday by the PaperArtsy Challenge #11 which focuses on the idea of houses created in all kinds of mediums.  I happily created little paper houses in a variety of styles.


I have been doing a little and I mean little bit of cleaning in my craft room. (I need a big clean again to keep it under control)  In doing so I went through my background scraps and tried to decrease the scraps pile.  I re-organized my recent scraps and die cuts and pulled them out to try to make an eclectic series of houses.  I tried to keep in the same color schemes for my backgrounds to coordinate the look and feel.


Beyond that the houses all began to take on a life of their own and changed the cohesiveness. As I worked through them I also began to use the inspiration of other challenges.  This particular house is based on the glam grunge challenge at Mixed Media World and the Butterflies and Blossoms Challenge at Mixed Media Monthly.
The next house started from a scrap and incorporated some beautiful gears that were sent to me as part of a purchase from the Funkie Junkie Boutique. There is always a lovely little gift included with each purchase and this time it was the gears.  I decided to let that be part of my focal point and the gent seemed like a perfect image to imbed behind the gears.  The gears and my previous house used a mix of inking up the gears with dye ink and while it was still moist sprinkling on Stampendous Aged Bronze embossing powder giving a nice chunky gold effect.
The next two came from two scraps left over from some project where I had the citron color sprinkled with touches of silver.  I didn't highlight the silver in this house as I used tissue tape instead along with a touch of black embossing paste and powder to create striking black texture and images.



For my final one I had this beautiful Memory Box Arch already cut and thought it would be pretty to do more of a church interpretation on my house.  I added the silver embossing around the edges and bottom of the house. I then embossed the arch in silver.  The rest were bits and pieces of leftover projects pulled together. 

I had fun but I think I am going to try play a little bit more with the houses but create a painted village.  I am loving the Paperartsy challenges as they have me thinking about different types of art mediums and how to use those ideas in papercrafting. 

The MMM Challenge 


Have a wonderful day! 

Suzz

9 comments:

  1. Great houses, all so different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun project. love those houses

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how,you use left over pieces and also create several backgrounds each time . Your houses are gorgeous, I particularly like that handsome gent with the cogs. Love them. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your little houses Sue and a perfect entry to the PaperArtsy challenge. So much variety of style in this little package.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also was inspired by the PA post, weren't the examples wonderful?! I like your take on these nested pieces and the frog makes a great base. One could imagine the stories of those who reside in your quaint little town.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is so brilliant Suz, stunning and so very creative!! I am delighted you added it to our challenge at MMM still, it looks fantastic!! Oh and I would love to pick this as one of m favs but you would have to add our badge still to qualify as it is part of our challenge rules, sorry....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great project Suzz, brilliant dressing of your houses, each one different and looking fabulous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. I love your style. This is gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at MMW this month

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very curious project! Thank you for joining our MMW challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!