Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Shabby Chic

The Frilly and Funkie Design Team was challenged this week to create for the opposite style.  I love Shabby Chic and enjoy being able to channel my inner Frilly for the challenge. To play along, we're asking you to dig deep and create any kind of project you choose, as long as it is not done in your usual style and color palette.


The guidelines for entering are simple: create a new vintage or shabby chic project following the challenge theme, link it below to your post (not just your blog) and also include a link back to this challenge in your post. For this challenge, we'd also love to hear how you did something OPPOSITE of your normal style (and we'll be taking a peek at your regular projects to see your normal style).

I decided to go Shabby Chic and very romantic with the pinks, ivories, and gold tones and lots of pretty embellishments. 


I love to create in all styles but for the Frilly and Funkie challenges I am on the Funkie side with more edge so for the challenge this week I went Frilly! 

I started with this beautiful big jumbo tag and coated it with a layer of paint. I then stamped and stenciled over the background.  After that I heat dried the background to ensure the dampness form the dye inks were completely set before I stamped the pretty doily on the backround using Versamark.  Then I heat embossed with ivory embossing powder to have it pop.

You can see a bit of the stenciling and stamping on the background in this close up.

Then I looked around for all kinds of embellishments to accent my card.
 I used the Pink dye ink on my craft mat sprayed with the Antique Lined Distress Stain Mist to color my ribbon and my flowers and my string.   It gave a lovely soft pink with touches of aging to the colors.

The dragonfly started as chipboard and was painted and embossed and highlighted in gold.  This card is for my MIL who has a birthday right around Mother's Day so she got two tags on the card.  (She will get another card for one of them)

Don't forget to go check out my team-mates fabulous creations and join us in the challenge! 

Thanks for Stopping by!

Suzz 


12 comments:

  1. Lovely Suzz! Yes I thought the doily was a die cut... How wonderful the stamp looks! Great layout, fab card xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Suzz! I just love all the pinks with the touches of gold! Beautiful dragonfly and your big bow is so wonderfully shabby! Love it! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dragonfly! Oooooooh. Ahhhhhh! So gorgeous! Frilly looks good on you, Suzz! This is a masterpiece of techniques and composition. The color combo is so soft and vintage. And your stamping on that doily is amazingly perfect. Thanks for embracing this challenge so wholeheartedly! It's gorgeous! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!! Beautiful colours and textures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun to see you stepping out dressed in shabby chic - and how well you wear it! Gorgeous flowery dragonfly - an inspired look - and the embellishing and texture all works beautifully.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So. so stunning Suz, I totally adore this card!! The dragonfly has turned out so gorgeous and I love the two little tags tugged between the pretty ribbon and key. Your MIL is one lucky lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunningly beautiful! I love the gold with the shades of pink, and the dragonfly is just gorgeous. The ribbon is lovely, too.


    ReplyDelete
  8. Incredibly beautiful Suzz!!! That dragonfly takes my breath away and I love the tags and key embellishments xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfectly frilly with such a lovely colour palette for your MIl. The dragonfly is super pretty and makes a gorgeous focal point.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is utterly delightful Suzz, I adore the beautiful colours, the amazing dragonfly and gorgeous embellishments. Your frilly side and shabby chic card are pure inspiration xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pink is such a fine color made even better when married to golden shades of yellow like you combined on the dragonfly and other embellishments. Mounting to the white doily background helps separate them from the background and highlights their beauty. Very clever, nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!