Sunday, May 1, 2016

the silent night

I'm back with another White Space inspired project from PaperArtsy Challenge Topic #8 - White Space. 

The PaperArtsy DT has been choosing different concepts/topics for the challenges and they show a variety of art using the concept and they are very inspiring. I highly recommend looking through the posts and the challenges to see some inspiring art.  I kept playing with the white space / negative space concept this morning and I finished on of my projects and I had to hurry up and include it because the challenge is closing today.  I was inspired by several of the projects on the challenge post where they drew your eye to the focal point by the lack of anything on the project except one striking focal point.

 I hope I have achieved that with my card today.  I wanted to drip color down the right side of my project and then mix in complementary images with the sprays.

































I started with the lovely patina sprayed along the right side and used a water bottle to spray water to encourage the dripping. I then poured the glimmer mist onto the craft mat and  used a paint brush to push the mist out of the brush and causing it to drip down.  After the patina had dried I then followed up with a yellow glimmer mist which blended into a green. I also splattered white paint over the top to lighten the blues.

I let that dry and then stamped the beautiful branch and sentiment using brown ink. I had to come back in with a micron pen to get the depth of color. I stamped the branches along the bottom. Again I touched it up with the pen.

I added one more subtle effect with the music in the top stamped with a gray ink to blend in and not be visible unless you looked closely. 

Products:  Tattered Angels - Glimmer Mists - Dragonfly, Summer Glow,  PaperArtsy -  Hot Pick 1000EZ, Eclectica - ESN18, Micron Pen - Brown, White Acrylic Paint, Mixed Media Paper, Ranger Archival Potting Soil, Memento - London Fog

I am really pleased with the end result and I almost made it to half the card being white space! :)  I had several other projects going which are really promising and pleased with my fun time this morning!  Have a blessed Sunday!

Suzz

7 comments:

  1. Love your design! The descending drips and ascending grasses/branch totally work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these, love the use of white space and minimal focal,imagery. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this concept of leaving white space and have made four cards this weekend from that idea! Your card today is lovely and thanks for the inspiration. I found the Paper Artsy challenge from your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fabulous white space creation Suz, - love the arty feel of this one with the dripped colour and subtle stamping. Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this one! It does focus your eye. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzz, Suzz, Suzz! This is FABULOUS!!! I am stunned at this one. I always love coming here and browsing your genius creations, but this one in particular stopped me still in my browsing! It is GORGEOUS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an exceptional piece. Maintaining white space is sooo hard, but it just makes all the other colors pop.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!