Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Chalkboard Tags

The chalkboard craze has eluded me until I saw Tim's tag this month.  He had me trying something new and fun. My example didn't turn out like his but I was very happy with the results and ended up with two different tags.


My first attempt: 
 I started with stamping the image on black cardstock using versamark.  I heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I then sprayed goose bumps over the background to create snowflakes.  I waited until it dried and then smeared chalk across the surface.

My embossed image didn't pick up the chalk but it gave a beautiful soft white backdrop.  I added the sentiment and was done.  I love how this turned out. It reminded me of those nights when the snow is coming down and it is very quiet and you can feel the quiet. :)

My second attempt:
 I didn't emboss the image and smeared STAEDTLER karat soft pastel chalk over the versamark image.  I smeared versamark along the bottom to pick up the chalk.  I colored the stars through the stencil with a white gel pen.  I embossed in black the sentiment over the chalk along the bottom.  I wiped off the excess chalk with a damp wipe.

The image and sentiment are Stampers Anonymous.

Have a wonderful week!

Suzz




15 comments:

  1. Love both of these Suzz! Haven't tried Goose bumps yet. Might I ask who makes them? Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both tags look amazing, Suzz! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those tags look amazing! I love how we are all improvising this month :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning Suzz. I really love the look of the white on black chalkboard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tags look stunning Suzanne...and memories came by...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Suzz! I especially love the one on the right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these tags Suzz!!! Gorgeous! I really like the idea of using the clear embossing for the focal image and chalking the background. I want to try that. Thanks for the inspiration. Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh don't they work well Sue. absolutely gorgeous tags.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Suzz, These are Gorgeous. I need to give that chalkboard technique a try. Sorry its been awhile since I've been over. Life gets in the way sometime. Doing some catching up now.
    Thanks for entering my giveaway and best of luck.
    Hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. These tags are very quiet but very beautiful. I love the tags,Suzz! XX

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your chalkboard tags. I really like your reversed chalk image. That is my fave and I'm going to try that technique myself. It's a need look. Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love both tags! they are fantastic! thanks for sharing!BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both of your tags are stunning !!
    I love the look of the tress through the night sky, gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!