Saturday, November 2, 2013

Creativity

Happy Saturday to you!  I swapped out my blog header last week with something I had created and wanted to share some of the details with you. 
The new craze out there is the gelli plate.  I decided to give it a try and have been playing around with paints, stencils and the gelli plate.  This project came from a session with warm fall colors and one stencil.  I loved how this series turned out.   This project was made from me pulling up the stencil from the paint filled gelli plate and applying the painted side of the stencil onto white cardstock.  I loved the effect and put the stencil back onto the leftover paint on the gelli plate and repeated the process until I covered the cardstock with varying depths of paint.   After that had dried I stamped the beautiful butterfly multiple times using versamark.  I sprinkled Stampendous Aged Spice Embossing Enamel over and heat embossed them. 

I knew I wanted to update my blog header so I added the Creativity quote with the same embossing enamel.I then cut down the size of my background leaving the butterfly wing open on the top.  I sprinkled the surface with mica flakes.

I then used Picasa (software) to add my blog name across the top and crop the image to create my blog header.

Products: DarkRoom Door - Eclectic Butterfly, Creativity Quote, Stampendous - Aged Spice Embossing Enamel, Gilded Mica Flakes, Ranger Distress Ink - Aged Mahogany, Gelli Plate, Paper Artsy - Claret, Haystack,    Pumpkin Soup,   The Crafters Workshop Mini Zinnia stencil

Have a lovely Saturday!

Suzz

13 comments:

  1. Lovely card Suzz, works beautifully as your blog header. Love the Gelli plate backdrop, the stencil works fabulously. Enjoy your weekend. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Sue! I need to learn how to personalize my header - yours are always so special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!
    The kiddos and I are having fun with the Gelli Plate too...Thanks for the new technique:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. just beautiful Sue - love the 3d effect you created with the embossing enamel too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous vibrant card Suzanne and because of that a great header on your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic piece and perfect for your header! Love that sentiment too. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great background you have created and it looks stunning as your bog header. The autumnal colours are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful print! The butterflies look great on that background. I love the playful effect of the mica flakes.
    It makes a fabulous new blog header.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous artwork, and it makes a great blog header!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the new header and I love learning how you did it! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a work of art! Love your creation!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all the details in this Suzz! Looks great at the top of your blog too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!