Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Santa Claus

I just realized how many tags I have been making. :)  I think because I keep getting behind on Linda's 12 tags of Christmas and then I create a bunch to catch up.  Week #8 has a fun technique that I couldn't wait to try.  Linda's challenge has fun prized provided  by her store The Funkie Junkie Boutique
I started with stamping a starry background with versamark on white cardstock.  I heat embossed the image using clear embossing powder.

I then smeared Ranger Distress Ink - Peacock Feathers over the surface to show off my resist.  Tammy's technique then calls for covering it in White paint to show off the resist.  Which at this point I realized oops I was supposed to put color down first and then resist.  So I decided to do a double resist. :)  This is the stamping gymnastics of a double resist into a full out landing.

I stamped the script using versamark over the peacock resist background.  I heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  (Tip: make sure you heat set your dye ink so it is completely dry as to not pick up any embossing powder in areas you don't want it to.)

Now I could use the white acrylic paint smeared over the surface to show up the script.  I was really pleased with how this turned out.

I loved Linda's sweet Santa on her tag and I just purchased this Paper Artsy Santa and was happy to ink him up and put him on my tag:

I stamped the Santa on tissue paper using black archival ink. I then cut him out and attached him to my surface.  I stamped the sentiment in on the vellum and attached that.  I wanted a hint of pink so I found some pink shimmer snowflakes to accent.

Happy Tuesday!

Suzz

7 comments:

  1. I love every little detail Suzz! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic and all the details come together perfectly! I love tags and love to see all this creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tag art, Suzz! I looove it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. An amazing tag with great elements. Fantastic snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning love your colours so very much

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful background. The colours are just delightful and isn't that Santa just awesome. Lovely tag

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really super, Suzanne! Your background turned out sensational and your new Santa stamp is a really terrific stamp. Love the way you stamped him on tissue paper - the image came out perfect! I really like the combination of the Peacock Feathers and your hint of pink. Love the tinsel tie too!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!