Thursday, November 28, 2013

Flowers

I can't believe I haven't posted all week. I have been busy creating on projects that can't be shared yet. I decided I would sneak in a post from a project done for the new Stampendous release.  I had created a canvas using a mix of techniques and the new Wild Roses stamp.



I painted the canvas with white acrylic paint.  I stamped the background with black ink and the seed background stamp.  I stenciled using black embossing paste the clocks over the background.  I added a layer of silver embossing paste through the sequin waste. While the silver embossing paste was wet I added black embossing powder.  I let the embossing paste dry and then heated up the embossing powder.

I sprayed pink glimmer mist onto white cardstock. After it dried I stamped the flowers and cut them up to create my dimensional flower.  I added the baby butterflies.  I stamped the Flower Path sentiment onto tissue paper using StazOn ink and decoupaged the sentiment to the canvas.

My idea for this canvas was to do an all black and white canvas with one pop of pink.  Of course after I put that flower on which was what was my design intent I had to add the butterflies. :)

Have a wonderful Saturday!

Suzz

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Sue, love that pop of pink against your stencilled backdrop, very eye catching piece. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful canvas Suzz. A great project.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!