Saturday, November 16, 2013

Life is Art

I really love the new peacock stamp from Stampendous.  It is a jumbo cling and it has beautifully drawn feathers.  It is available at Stampendous or at Simon Says Stamp

I started with a canvas which I painted with a white undercoat.  I then painted it with a teal paint mixed with a hint of green and silver.  

I then added a layer of Embossing paste.  While the embossing paste was wet I laid a piece of tissue paper over the embossing paste.  I inked up the image using StazOn ink and pressed it into the tissue paper over the embossing paste.  This was so cool. It ended up with the black lines and an imprint.  I let that dry and then spritzed more green and teal color sprays over the surface. 

I then colored the feathers with highlights of green.  I added glitter with glue pens into the surface and finished off my peacock with a silver lustre around the edges. 

To finish off the area around my peacock I stamped the Stampendous medallions and sentiments on tissue paper which I decoupaged to the surface. 

The Deco Art company provided the Stampendous DT  with some fabulous paints, decoupage, and embossing paste which I used on this project.  I loved everything they sent.  I made several mixed media projects playing with their products. If you want the step by step instructions for this project go here.

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

Suzz

4 comments:

  1. beautiful, lovely stamp and the colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful Suzz. A very pretty peacock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful - the ethereal shimmer of the teal is perfect with that amazing peacock stamp!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a masterpiece! This is so gorgeous, Suzz!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!