Saturday, August 9, 2014

Anniversary Cards

This morning I decided to clean up my desktop and cut some shapes.  Sometimes when I am lacking in my mojo just cleaning up my desk and putting things away makes me feel like I accomplished something.  I pulled out my big shot and my pile backgrounds and cut away while watching several old murder mysteries.

This card came from a messy piece of gray/black glimmer mist on a piece of cardstock.

 I needed an anniversary card for my SIL & hubby.  I die cut a series of hearts from the scrap.  I cut them and set them aside. 

The design was inspired from the card below. Sometimes I end up with pieces that don't work with the card I am working on and that is what happened with this.  I ended up adding a fine mist of pink glimmer mist.  

When I decided to create my card I actually had another card pieces cut waiting to be used.  I had cut two pieces on an angle to use as a top layer.    I created this card first and used the same effect on the first card.


This uses a new stencil from Memory Box with the Wendy Vecchi Silver Embossing Paste. The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp Exclusive set called Beautiful Words.

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Suzz, love the cluster of hearts and wonderful colours. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card. Love the harts, they look gorgeous.
    Thanks for showing and your inspiration Anneke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely Sue but I top one is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!