Sunday, July 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Tanya!

This one is for our baby who is turning 8! She loves having her birthday in the July month as she associates it with the celebration of our country. When she saw my other orange and blue striped card she wanted one for her birthday.

This is totally appropriate for her as she is such a star! She shines so brightly.

I used my Silhouette to get the shapes although I am still working on getting comfortable with it.

I cut 1" strips for the masking and stamped alternating polka dots and happy birthday expressions. I then clear embossed them and sponged them with orange and blue. The top layer was stamped with versamark for the sentiment and the polka dots again. I embossed with orange embossing powder and finished it off with some sponged blue edges.

The buttons were just a little accent for me. The girls don't like me to add the buttons but I wanted some height on the card. :)

Products:

  • Hero Arts - Raindrop Background
  • Hero Arts - Birthday Sayings
  • Ranger Distress Inks - Broken China, Spiced Marmalade
  • Versamark Watermark Ink
  • Clear Embossing Powder
  • Zing - Orange Embossing Powder
  • Silhouette SD - Star Shapes

Well the parties are almost over just her birthday on Tuesday!

Thanks for stopping by...

Suzz

10 comments:

  1. Cuteness! A perfect card for an 8 year old!!!
    Glad to see you are using your silhouette!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! This color combo is striking, she will be very happy about your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun shape and color combo. What a lot of patience you have to piece that border.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling shape cards. Just love it. Are you on Twitter?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Una estrella para otra estrella, estarĂ¡ super feliz de recibirla, bonito trabajo. Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card Sue...Perfect for your little shining star!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Sue! Happy Birthday Tanya! What a fabulous card! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A really great beautiful card for your daughter. Love the colors and the unique shape too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaawww, LOVELY card, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your special girl!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!