Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My mother...

I never do scrapbook layouts. The space is too intimidating for me. But a couple of things led to this layout. The challenge this week for Hero Arts is to use a photo in a project and my youngest sister Jodie had printed this adorable pictures of my mother and I wanted to honor my mother with a layout.



I didn't do any journaling and left a little spot for my sister to put in my mother's name.



I apologize for the picture. This is too big for my light box I created and it is gloomy outside today. So the lighting is limited. I used the flash but it lost the true colors so I stuck with this picture because it shows the real colors even if it is a little dark.

I used my copic markers on the black and white picture which was printed on glossy photo paper and was really pleased with the effect.

Products:

  • Tattered Angels - Butterfly Chipboard
  • Lace - (Provided my little Sis Jodie)
  • Prima Flowers
  • Hero Arts - Anytime Messages
  • Hero Arts Raindrop Background, F4281 Petal Lace, K5232 Dot Flourish Border, F4321 Graceful Leaves, H2365 Old French Writing
  • Stampers Anonymou s - U3-1414
  • Rangers Distress Inks - Dusty Concord, Peeled Paint, Antique Linen
  • Basic Grey - Wisteria
  • Copics

Suzz

8 comments:

  1. Hi, Suzz! I like the nostalgic colors you've picked. The creams, ivories, and tans go nicely with the purple and green. Beautiful layout! Lovely photos! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning, Sue!! I can't believe that you've never done any scrapbook page!! I love every details in this page, amazing! Love that awesome photo colored with the markers, what a great effect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Gosh! This is SO gorgeous! The color enhancement on the photo is stunning. And all the details you added are the perfect compliment to the era of the photo. Fantastic job! You should definitely consider scrapping more often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, I'm not a scrapbooking fan either, the space is too big and its alot of work! But here you paid a wonderful tribute to your dear mum and will be a precious treasure for your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooohhhh, how BEAUTIFUL. Love the butterflies...the lace...the design...everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Talk about a beautiful keepsake! It is just lovely, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ¡¡Precioso trabajo!!, es realmente creativo. Saludos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!