This is for the HA blog challenge this week which is to use trimmings.
It all started with a package of goodies I recieved on Saturday. Anna Karin was so thoughtful and sent me an envelope full of lovely things. These were my RAK from her challenge on Two Peas for Stamptoberfest. (Thanks Anna-Karin!)
The background squares are from a masterboard I created awhile ago and made color copies of so I would have it on hand and it worked so beautifully with my main image. They were created using distress inks and resist embossing. The stamp is Hero Arts - Old French writing.
- Cut card base from white cardstock 11 x 5 1/2". Score and fold in half.
- Stamp typewriter letters using green chalk ink all over the front of the card.
- Sponge edges of card using brown dye ink.
- Cut 4 squares 2 1/2 x 2 1/2" from white cardstock and sponge brown dye ink around the edges.
- Cut Frame 4 1/8" x 4 1/8" from white cardstock and die cut shape from center.
- Cut square 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" from white cardstock and sponge edges using orange chalk ink.
- Cut square 4 1/8" x 4 1/8" from white cardstock and stamp typewriter letters using green chalk ink.
- Ink up flower stamp with yellow, orange, red, green chalk inks and stamp in center of typewriter background.
- Ink up leafy branches with yellow, orange and brown chalk inks and stamp around flower.
- Use brown colored pencil to accent leaves and flower on all stamped images.
- Stamp butterfly on masterboard paper with versamark and heat emboss with brown embossing powder. Cut out butterfly.
- Stamp sentiment on white cardstock using brown pigment ink.
- Stamp typewriter letters using yellow chalk ink over sentiment.
- Cut rectangle to mount sentiment on and sponge with orange chalk ink.
- Assemble all layers. :)
- Colorbox Chalk Inks
- Hero Arts - Old French Writing
- Hero Arts - Artistic Butterflies
- Velvet Ribbon - (Thanks Anna-Karin)
- Great Impressions - Coneflower (Thanks Anna-Karin)
- Ranger Distress Inks - Spiced Marmalade, Fire Brick, Mustard Seed
- Versafine - Vintage Sepia
- Zing - Chestnut
- Stampers Anonymous - School Desk
- Penny Black - Golden Leaves
- Stickles - Brass, Orange
- Memento - Rich Cocoa