Sunday, November 29, 2009

Marshy Bog

I dug into my distress inked papers and found this lovely orange background. I thought of clouds and decided to create a marsh scene. I am thankful that I don't need a sympathy card right now and just decided to add that sentiment based on the serenity of the scene.

The background was created by inking up my craft mat with the spiced marmalade and corduroy brown (sparsely) and adding lots of water. I made 3 or 4 papers from the ink on the craft mat and this was probably towards the end as there is not much ink.


I added the yellow on the bottom after I stamped my images to create the illusion of a sunset or sunrise.

Products:
  • Penny Black
  • B Line Design Birds Cube
  • Versafine - Vintage Sepia
  • Ranger Distress Ink - Spiced Marmalade, Mustard
  • Signo - White Gel Pen
  • Color Pencils
  • Hero Arts - Everyday Sayings
  • Hero Arts - Friend Definition Cling Stamp

Thanks for stopping by...

Have a lovely Sunday...

Suzz

16 comments:

  1. Hi Suzanne, this is stunning - love your rich colours and how you used that Hero Arts background stamp. Very serene and beautiful, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. STUNNING - yellow, orange and brown are so beautiful together - just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suzanne, Amazing scene on your card, I love the way you have used the friends hero stamp and I love these colours together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm giggling a bit because of your title - love it, marshy bog! I wouldn't call it that I would call it a very nice nature scene.. lol. Love how you interpret nature in your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another gorgeous work of art. I really like the paper with the words in the background being used as a base.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh isn't that beautiful. very clever use of the background

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just lovely Suzz. I have been playing with my distress inks lately as well.... but nothing as wonderful as this. Love what you did - and it's always good to have a few sympathy cards in stock... just in case..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your background is perfect! Thanks for sharing how you created it! As usual, I am leaving your blog sooo impressed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is perfect! I hope you`ll never need it! But it is beautiful!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  10. the background is AMAZING Sue!!!! love how it really looks like sky!! gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really beautiful and peaceful scenery Sue, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just saw on Moxie Fab World that your idea and GORGEOUS card has been picked for this week's Tueday Trigger! Congrats! You did a BRILLIANT job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a stunning card, Sue! Love the scenery and the colors, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Sue. The birds and reeds look wonderful against the gorgeous background. Thanks for explaining your technique.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!