I was thinking an all white card with layers of embossing. Of course somehow I ended up here:
The current challenge at Hero Arts blog this week is to use glitter... So I figured why not stay with the circles and layers but add edges of glitter.
The color happened by accident. In all my playing I used a purple StazOn on my Antique Flower Background stamp. I had wiped it off several times thinking it was clean. Unfortunately after I die cut all my circles and started to stamp with my versamark I was picking up a faint purple.
I decided to go with it...
- Die cut 3 size circle multiple times. (I made 8 flowers in all and used the nestabilities large circle set.) I used the smallest 3 circles from the set.
- Stamp using versamark the antique flower background all over on all of the circles. Heat emboss using clear embossing powder.
- Crumple up every circle multiple times to soften the edges and the circles.
- Sponge Memento Plum around the edges of the circles.
- I then used a Zig glue stick to add glue around the edges and dipped the edges into the glitter.
- Pop dot the circles together. Add gem in the center.
- The rest is putting it together. I folded some ribbon in half and tucked it in various spots to make my foliage.
- Hero Arts - Antique Flower Background
- Nestabilities - Large Standard Circles
- Clear Embossing Powder
- Zig Glue Pen
- Penny Black - Full of Life
- Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
- Memento - Plum
- Martha Stewart - Ribbon
- Fairy Dust - Glitter
- Versafine - Imperial Purple
Well I hope you are having a beautiful weekend. We are! The weather is gorgeous.