Saturday, December 31, 2011

CR84FN45 - Never Stop Going

 Happy New Year!  We are welcoming in the new year at CR84FN with some bright and bold colors!  I used the Card Patterns Sketch #146 for my layout.


I was lucky enough to get to play with the new Our Daily Bread Designs -  January Release.  There is this fantastic grunge Butterfly image with coordinating die and background stamp. 

I started with an ink based background using Rusty Hinge re-inker and Tattered Angels Glimmer mist.  I spritzed the glimmer mist onto the craft mat and dripped in the re-inker.  I then used my plastic ruler to smear the two together on the craft mat. I then pulled out white cardstock and dragged it across the inky mat to pick up the colors. 

At the end of the smears there are always drips and drops of colors and I pick those up with a new piece of cardstock.

The main image was stamped over one of the pieces I created in my inky process.

The butterfly image is stamped on the inked background using StazOn Azure.  I then re-stamped the butterfly only in Rusty Hinge.  I stamped the overlay details of the wings of the butterfly on acetate using the StaZon Azure ink. The die cut will cut the shape of the butterfly so I was able to die cut all my butterfly pieces.

The backgrounds were created by stamping the small butterflies using Azure and smearing over it with white acrylic paint. The second background piece is from the ink smearing.  The lovely sentiment comes in another new set being released this week at ODBD.

The CR84FN challenge is back to the regular schedule which means this challenge will run for two weeks.  Here are the beautiful colors for this week. The pictures are provided by  Deborah Frings

For all the details on the challenge this week go to the CR84FN blog. 

The wonderful CR84FN Design Team:

Deborah Frings * Sue Lelli  * Andrea Matthews *  Stephanie Kraft * Suzanne Czosek (me)  *  Heather Jensen * Mona Pendleton  * Lisa Somerville *

Happy New Year!

Suzz

22 comments:

  1. what a stunning card Suzz. The colours together look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!!! This is really gorgeous. I love the backing papers you've made and the lovely grungy butterfly stamp. And a touch of bling too. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Sue! Those colours really sing and the grungy image is gorgeous. Great start to the New Year and speaking of which I wish you and your loved ones a wonderful 2012 and may only good things come to you.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another gorgeous card Suzanne! Love the artsy background and that beautiful butterfly! The rhinestones add such a nice touch! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! This is fabulous ... A piece of art

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is truly beautiful! Love the background techniques. I must try this! So inspirational!
    Happy New Year to ya!
    Mackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. How absolutely lovely, Suzz! You really did Dina's sets justice! Stopping by and wishing you and yours a Very Happy Healthy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Suzz, this is so fresh and lovely. I truly appreciate your artisan techniques on this card. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this color combination! One I'll be using over and over again. I love the splattered background you used, it turned out FABULOUS! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, Sue! Love the background and the fabulous grungy butterfly! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card immediately caught my eye...it's GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just GORGEOUS, Suzanne! LOVE how you created the background and the butterfly on the acrylic is FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty card.. Love those colors..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your inky artwork! Looks like so much fun. Very, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab use of the CR84FN colors! Love how you incorporated the BG stamp as a pattern paper!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the crisp colors and pretty butterfly. Have a wonderful new year. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very vibrant and lovley Suzanne. Love the background you created and the touch of bling! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whoa... Love how you used these colors!!! Butterflies and swirls ??? are perfect!,,

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous card Sue! Love your cool inked backgrounds and the colours are wonderful. Great take on the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This card is faulous! I loe the artsy look!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, what a festive card! You have brought butterflies into the new year in a really unique way!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just Gorgeous Suzanne! Wow So Pretty and Artsy all at the same time! Love this! 8-)

    Happy New Year Lady!

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!