Saturday, December 3, 2011

Let Heaven and Nature Sing - Tim's Tags Day #3

I never get tired of using the Heaven and Nature Sings sentiment from Memory Box.  I used it today to finish off my Tim's tag #3:

Love the technique Tim shared today with the re-inkers and foam pad. Unfortunately for me no foam pad.  :) So I spent some time playing around with other techniques to see how I could best get the effect he had created with the embossing and multiple colors. After about 4 failed attempts. I ended up embossing white cardstock and dragging the different colored inkpads across the surface unevenly.  (Gathered Twigs, Evergreen Bough, and Aged Mahogany) 

I love the effect! Very fun and striking.  I sponged the edges of the tag with the darker brown and came back in to the center with the softer brown.  I cut my bird from burlap!  Totally fun and love how it turned out. (I backed it on white cardstock to help keep the fraying to a minimum.

The rest is just touches of burlap, flowers, twine. I have another fun post coming up for the Stampendous monthly challenge so I had to hurry this morning to get this posted.

Have a wonderful Saturday! Now to clean up my desk from my whirlwind tag this morning!

Suzz

15 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore your take on Tim's tags - love yours more than the big man's!!! I actually have a file folder on my computer from last December, entitled "Suzz's Tags".... I am so happy to be adding some more gorgeous inspiration to that file again this year! Thanks so much for the sharing... you have no idea how much I love to see these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful improvising! I am going to have to try it your way as I don't have any matching stamps and folders. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I think your technique worked beautifully ... I adore the bird and all the textures ... beautiful tag

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! that's fantastic. I've been using something similar to try and achieve the look, but it hasn't come out as well as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you turned it into a Christmas themed tag.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your improvising and I was just wondering what one of Tim's dies would look like cut from burlap - it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another gorgeous Tag. I love the burlap bird.. Sooo cute.. Keep them coming!!!

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just awesome. I love your takes on the tags and I've got a folder like Jean where I'm keeping these too... such inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great rendition of Tim's tag. Another bird. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your background is fabulous Sue and I love all the extra texture you've added with the burlap. So cute little birdie!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This tag is so gorgeous! Love the background, the burlap bird, the flower bird's nest. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!