Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tag # 13

Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge this week is a Tim Holtz Inspired Tag.  I had bits and pieces left over from the flurry of tag creating for the last couple of weeks so I pulled them together into another tag.
 I had this lovely background leftover from my blog header.  I created it by mixing glimmer mist and chalkboard mist together on white cardstock..  (Patina Glimmer Mist and Decadence Chalkboard)  The next step was to stamp the beautiful swirling snowflake from the Stampendous Jumbo Cling using versamark and embossing with the Stampendous Silver Tinsel.  I then highlighted areas of the swirls using white gel pen.  After that was all done I covered the entire surface with versamark and clear embossed it.  I repeated that several times. 

Then I created a tag shape.  Smeared the edges with versamark and added a layer of gold embossing powder around the edges.  The angel was created last week. But I added to her today.  I stamped her using black ink. Watercolored her with a touch of blue and skin color.  I had her framed in this time piece from Tattered Angels.  I poured a layer of Kaleidoscope embossing powder into the frame and heat embossed from underneath.  I then did the same with clear embossing powder to create a layer of glaze with shimmer.

The rest was just digging through my piles of embellishments to find fun bits and pieces to decorate the tag.

Hope you are getting ready for your holidays. :)  We have school party, cookie party, cleaning etc... But all fun things to get ready for the main event. Thanks for stopping by...

Suzz

19 comments:

  1. Wow! This is soooooo gorgeous! I wish I could see it IRL, it must shimmer and sparkle so wonderfully with the mists and embossing and tinsel. Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the blues mixed with the silver and gold! Joyful indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Sue! Love the added bling embellies and how you framed your focal image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool tag! I Love the background with the bling and "JOY" So pretty! And the snowflake with the vintage pocket watch and image in the center is lovely. Love the teal ribbon with the white and silver and gold tag. The baubles...perfect embellishment! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful tag with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. that background - yummy! and the colors also yumyum!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning tag, love the colors together. Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tag and fabulous piece from recycled leftovers. I love the background and the image is perfect. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Have a fabulous Christmas and New Year. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I love everything about this tag!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh! i love this ... love all that bling!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning Suzz. I love the background. So vintage looking

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blog header is lovely and so is this tag! Lots of yumminess here. Beautiful colors and I really like the way you combined the silver and gold. Cool technique for creating the glass for the pocket watch too! So happy to have you joining in our fun each week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful. Love the added frame with image and the silver embellishments. Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful exquisite tag with the added pearls and glitter elements!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! The word that comes to mind for this tag is "magical!" I love the gemstone swirls with the tinsel and the gold edges of the tag and the pocket watch...really stunning work! : )

    Thanks for sharing your creativity at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!
    -Sarah

    For More Opportunities:
    *Follow Simon Says Stamp on Twitter
    *Like Simon Says Stamp on Facebook
    *Subscribe to Simon Says Stamp on YouTube

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a gorgeous tag!! Those colors are stunning..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful LOVE all the Bling!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely gorgeous!!! Love that angel and the gold trim around the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your tag is just so lovely!! wow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm in love with that little angel stamp. Very pretty tag art.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!