Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Artistic Outpost - March Release

Today is March release day for Artistic Outpost!  I was thrilled to receive the new plates!  I have been happily playing with the new plates.  The release includes: Quote and Quotables, Flower Market, and  Secretary Pool.

The Quote and Quotables includes quotes from a variety of women.  Including J.K. Rowling, Audrey Hepburn, Lucille Ball... So many wonderful quotes to play with.  The Flower Market is a combination of butterflies, flowers and French elements. (All of my favorite things!)  The Secretary Pool provides a vintage blend of all your office tools and so fun to ink up!

My first project took me over a day to create but I enjoyed the exploration of trying something new and different:
 Click to Enlarge

I started with an old book which I spent some time burrowing into on the one half to create a little space for my fairy and lavender.

I am not going to share all the details on the book as it would take awhile.  If you have questions, please feel free to email me.  Products used: Artistic Outpost - Flower Market, Neverland, Paris Exposition,  Watercolor pencils, Glimmer Mist - Purple, White Acrylic Paint, Vintage Photo - Ranger Distress Inks, Pearls, Doily, Recollections Flower Trim, Sizzix Rose Blooms Die Cut, Ranger Archival Ink .

My next project uses one of the new quotable stamps:

 I love this quote and it works so beautifully with the Birds of a Feather plate.  I stamped the script from the new Secretary Pool on muslin in the background with a little smears of white acrylic paint.  The quote from Emily Dickinson is stamped on tissue paper using Versafine green ink.  I added burlap, feather, statice and buttons as accents.

My final card mixes in the Secretary Pool plate with the Steampunk plate:
 
The background of everything is glimmer misted green and yellow.  Then the images are stamped using Ranger Archival Black ink.  Then a layer of white acrylic paint is smeared onto the surfaces to soften the color.

The images are stamped from the new Secretary Pool and the Steampunk plate.  The edges are distressed with the distressing tool and sponged around the cardbase with Vintage Photo. The edges are stapled and accented with snaps.

For more inspiration and fabulous creations take a peek at what the rest of the DT has created!

Thanks for stopping by! 

Suzz

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful artwork Sue - I saw the new plates, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BREATHTAKING!!!! I love all the layers and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, all three are just amazing, but the altered book is over-the-top stunning. I love the colors you used, the background you stamped, your use of gesso/white paint, wow, I'm sitting here drooling! Super work on this release, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I love all of these, I have to say the 2nd one with the flower and bird is my favorite. The book burrowing is super cool with your little fairy and lavender is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzanne this post is exploding with beauty and creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning Suzz, you have a lovely way of placing items together, your altered book is WOW and so worth all the hard work, I love it. Your card with the bird is very striking as is the colour palette and I love your third card, your use of white acrylic paint is a perfect touch. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely adore the altered book - so very creative! The colours are so pretty too. The quote and bird are perfect together, and I think the pens, typewriter and paperclip - just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Suzz! I need to catch my breath! Your projects are just breathtaking! The altered book is just sheer genius, filled with whimsy, femininity and beauty. I love your bird card and really have a goal to add fabric to my work. Your piece inspires me and the touches of white just add so much! Your final piece is so well thought out. Excellent combining of the various samp plates. Bravo, Sue! My best to you, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always knock my socks off! The altered book is fantastical! Love the feathers too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WoW Suzanne! What gorgeous projects! My favorite is the altered book! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Suzzzzzzz!!!!! The book is to die for, beautiful!! Love your quote and steampunk cards, great release GF.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing. I just love these projects. That altered book looks fabulous.

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally gorgeous creations! Always love coming by.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab showcase of the new AO images! In love with your altered book - so many wonderful added embellies and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Wow I am surprised it didn't take you longer to create this, it is Awesome and such beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. When I saw you book art it left me speechless ... I am totally blown away ... I adore the whole concept ... and your bird card is beautiful ... Not to mention the steampunk card ... you are incredibly talented and if I had not started blogging I would have missed some of the mist amazing creations ever!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!