Thursday, March 22, 2012

Owls

Another couple of entries for the Simon Says Stamp and Show your background. I love creating backgrounds. I started with the beautiful Owl stamp from La Blanche.  I stamped it several times and pulled a few scrap pieces from my scrap pile of backgrounds I had created previously and never used.

My first card is done in oranges, touches of yellow and brown: 



 The backgrounds are both Hero Arts stamps. (Artistic Windows, I tried finding the second one and I think it must be retired) The sentiment is from Stampscapes Nature Plate B.  They have the most lovely plates full of verses to go with their stamps.  I have one plate and have used it so many times.
 
My second card started from a green and blue background:



The sentiment is from the same Stampscapes Plates. The background is stamped with Hero Arts Old French Writing stamp.  The owl stamp was stamped onto the background first but didn't pop enough so I re-stamped onto tissue paper. Then glued it over the original image with a combination of water and glue.  I was still able to color the image and background with watercolor pencils and waterbrush.

This was my first time using the La Blanche images. I have been wanting to try them after seeing them at CHA. Their designer at the show is a brilliant artist and so inspiring. The details on their stamps are fantastic.

Have a lovely day! 

Suzz

15 comments:

  1. These are lovely ... fabulous image ... your work is always so inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning cards Suzz, such detailed images, love them and as always everything is put together so beautifully. Thanks for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge again, always love to see your work. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, I just love that stamp, another one added to my wish list, Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning! I can't decide which one I love the most...
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzz...your cards are awesome! I am partial to browns....so I adore your first card ... but the greens and blue hues card is equally as lovely. I love that owl stamp! It's amazing! The sentiment is really perfect for your design and I love the clock stamp as well. It is all just such a wonderful design! Thanks for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards Suzanne, love the design, the first being my favoutite as I love browns and earth tones...fabulous images and backgrounds.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous artwork, Suzz! We've just started to carry La Blanche stamps at Stamp Fever so I'm giving them a try too. I love the detail and how you added color to the images.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards. I love when you can make two quite different cards with the same stamp. Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of these cards are wonderful. Love the shape of the first card.. And the colors of the second card look great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely to see the comparison between the two colours Suzz. do like the ripped paper edging.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love them both, one is kind of rustic, the other one is artistic, these are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing Owls Sue, can't pick a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful creations - love the owl image!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!