Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Mojo Monday Sketch #231

This week there are several challenges that have my mind turning... The Mojo Monday Sketch #231 along with the Ribbon Reel Challenge of Newsprint inspired me to create two card.

My first card started from newsprint pattern paper from the Bo Bunny pad of paper:


The newsprint paper led me to create a masculine card with a travel theme.  I used kraft glassine on the bottom half embossed with an embossing folder. I mixed in Artistic Outpost images from Route 66 and Diesel Punk to create my tags and banner.  I turned the layout into a pocket card with two tags.

After that I wanted to create a feminine card using the same idea of tags in a pocket:



I  also played along with the ColourQ #127 challenge this week for my colors. The velvet flower trim is a beautiful coral and came up a little dark in the photo. I used the Memory Box stamps for the background and the die is a Memory Box butterfly.  The verse is from Verses Rubber Stamps.

The sketch & color palette:

Have a wonderful day!

Suzz

20 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards, love the AO images, great background and your second card is gorgeos, love the butterfly and fresh colour palette. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Suzanne, these are both wonderful! I love the vintage masculine card, I didn't know you could get Kraft glassine bags! Great effect there!
    And how beautiful is your feminine tag card, not just one, but two tags! Absolutely gorgeous! The layered butterfly is so pretty, along with the pink trim. Great job on the sketch too!
    Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this fortnight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzz, your pocket card is breathtaking! I love all the beautiful details! Thank you so much for playing at he colourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Suzanne, love the tags and the butterflies! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a contrast Suzz, lovely to see 2 such huge variations on the same sketch. the feminine card is such gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow GF, you sure tackeled a lot of challenges beautifully! Of course I love the first card the bestest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Suzz! Great takes on several challenges! Isn't it amazing how many different looks you can get from a sketch by changing oolors, stamps, paper and trims? Your work is always perfection. Thanks for sharing! Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful details on both of your cards, Suzanne! I especially love the delicate punched border and gorgeous butterfly on the second one. Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab take on the sketch! Love the combination of AO images on the masculine card, and the soft pretty colors on the bottom card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Suzz two totally different looks and both amazing!!!!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous cards ... love the pocket idea and they are both so unique ... that butterfly is so delicate

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such wonderful cards.. Looks like you had some fun with that sketch..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. both are amazing. I like how you have done two such different cards with the same sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  14. All such beautiful card, your pocket card is lovely with so many layers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. BEAUTIFUL CARDS Suzz!!! Thank you for joining us at the CQC :) !!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card, Suzanne! Thanks for playing at ColourQ this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, gorgeous cards Suzanne. Love them both just adore the butterfly card. Thanks for sharing with us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous cards!! thanks for joining us at the ribbon real challenge

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous cards!! thanks for joining us at the ribbon real challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!