Sunday, December 30, 2012

Hats Off to You

Happy New Years Eve!  Tick! Tock! Time for a new Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge.  The theme this week is "Mad Tea Party".  

When I saw the theme of Mad Tea Party I was inspired by the T.V. show Once Upon a Time where the magical Mad Hatters hat is the portal between the worlds.


I started with a chipboard pilgrim hat which I painted white and black. I added a harlequin pattern on the top using a stencil and black acrylic paint.

I stamped the numbers randomly around the middle of the hat. I also added a smattering of red hearts. 
I created a set of cards using various stamps and added a few feathers in the band.


A side view:
 I stamped a variety of Alice in Wonderland images and colored them with watercolor pencils and cut them out to accent the sides.

 And around the back:

To finish it off I used a few ribbons around the band and edges. Now I have my own set of portal to escape through? :)

Products: Artistic Outpost Wonderland Collage, The Crafters Workshop Harlequin Stencil, Artistic Outpost Quotes and Quotable, 7 Gypsies - Numero 7920 - Numbers Barcode, Stampendous Wonderland, Acrylic Paints - Snow Cap, Pitch Black, Ranger Archival Inks - Black, Artistic Outpost - Auld Lang Syne

Come join in the challenge for an opportunity to win a gift voucher from Simon Says Stamp:



Happy and Blessed New Years to you and your loved ones!

Suzz

14 comments:

  1. how cute is this Suzz. Great project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Suzz! What a super 3D project. I really need to see that new show, it already aired here in Holland, but didn't have the change to see it yet... Anyway, have a super 2013 with lots of happiness and creativity! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. So clever, Suze! Love your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous hat! What a fun and festive idea! I love the sentiment and the great images you used. Happy New Year to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic hat, perfect for the challenge. Love the harlequin pattern stencilled on the top and then echoed around the bottom of the hat.love the added numbers too. Wonderful dimension too. Love it Suzz. Happy New Year. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neat hat, Suzz! I love the embellishments and the touches of glitter!

    Happy New Year!
    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, Suzz...who would have thought this was a pilgrim hat?! :) I love your striking black and white mad hatter's hat! It's so cute! Love the papers. Love the Alice In Wonderland images that you've stamped and colored. Love the little feathers you've added to the hat band. So stinkin' cute! I am wishing you a happy and healthy new year my friend! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  8. And 'Hats off to you' Sue, you do come up with some clever ideas. This one is great. I love how you tumbled all the numbers and hearts around the hat and then did the same with the Alice images.

    It's the first chance I've had to drop by over the holiday period but just had to come over and say Happy New Year Sue! I'd like to wish you lots of good health, happiness and love in abundance for the coming year and if a dollop of wealth arrives too that's all to the good, lol! Best wishes to you and your family Sue.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. so loving this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cool!! Very awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun project Sue! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dd you wear this for New Year's? It would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous altered hat - love the AO Alice images!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun project. I just love it.. You are so creative. Wishing you a happy 2013!

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!