Sunday, April 6, 2014

Journey

How about a trip or a few different trips to exciting destinations?  This week the challenge at  Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is about journeys.  You can interpret that in a variety of ways. I decided to create a few different tags inspired by placing I have either visited or want to visit. .  

My first tag is Parisian.  I have never been to France at all but it is definitely on my list to visit.

This tag came together quickly with the inspiration from the Eiffel Tower die cut and the harlequin pattern background.  I added a dusting of glimmer mist over the background. I sponged in the pattern using a stencil.  I then found the postmark form Paris to stamp in the top.  The Eiffel tower was embossed and sponged with brown dye ink.

My next tag takes us to London. . I visited my sister there when I was 18 and have been back to England a few more times for work.  London has so many beautiful sights to see and I thoroughly enjoyed my visit and would love to return.


I used a mix of London stamps over a background created with embossing paste and glimmer mist.  The flag was stamped on muslin using two different watercolor markers.  The images were stamped on tissue paper and decoupaged to the tag.

My last tag is inspired by New York City.  We took a family roadtrip a few summers ago to the East Coast and New York City was a highlight on our trip. 

I turned the tag sideways and added a repeating pattern of the New York Buildings and added a background stamp for texture. I then took a layer of tissue paper stamped with words reflecting ravel and layered it along the bottom and tore off the top edge.

Indigo Blue - Live, Laugh, Love,  

Sizzix Tim Holtz Die - Fleur De Lis & Eiffel Tower, Sizzix - Weathered Clock, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, The Crafters Workshop Stencil - Harlequin, Visual Artistry - Stampers Anonymous - French Connection, Spellbinders Heart Die, Stampers Anonymous - Wish Text, Darkroom Door - Background Stamp - Corrugated Iron, DarkRoom Door - New York Vol 2, Darkroom Door - Wordblock - Journey, Ranger Archival Ink - Jet Black, Versafine - Smokey Gray, Artistic Outpost - Loverly London, Wendy Vecchi - Embossing Paste, Flowers, BurlapRanger Distress Inks - Vintage Photo,  Ranger Distressing Tool,


Come join in the fun for a chance  to win a   Simon Says Stamp $50 Gift Voucher.
Happy Monday!

Suzz

21 comments:

  1. Suzz, I love your work so much! these tagas are beautiful! can i do something like this for the challenge? I love the London tag and I love London too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic tags, love the vintage look of the paris tag inparticular, where is the bird stamp from? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning all of them but my total favourite is the Paris one! Great tags!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alltogether awesome tags, Suzz!

    Every single one of them has something very special to it that goes so well with the destination it is depicting! Brilliant, brilliant tags! Love them!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzz...your travel tags are brilliant! I love them all but I think Paris is my favorite because of those gorgeous flowers! And that sweet little bird you have added. Your harlequin background with they weathered clock and embossed Eiffel Tower die cuts is such a great design. All of your tags are awesome. Thsnk you for your comments left on my blog as well! X, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that first one, Sue! I hope that you get to Paris someday....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the tags...got here from facebook and I am so glad I did. Awesome stuff and original...Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun tags, Suzz! Love them all! All so different but all so pretty! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Gorgeous travel tags! I love how different they all but each are fabulous and have a lot of charm!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful tags, I especially like the first one with the bird!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic collection of tags Suzanne! I feel like I have just taken a journey around the world! Love the beautiful bird on the first! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea for the challenge!! Love your three tags, they are all so different and stunning. Wonderful stamping as always!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely adore all three of your wonderful tags taking us on a journey around three of my favourite cities but I will admit being a Londoner, I do have a soft spot for the London tag...which is gorgeous! Another fabulous post full of inspiration Suzz... :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. FAntastic way to celebrate this theme for our weekly challenge! Three fabulos tag! I love all, but my fav is Paris tag! I love the colors and stamp you've used !!!!BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE your tag with the bird, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the look of these tags. They all are different but beautiful in its way. Thanks for showing Anneke.
    www.annekescardart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow.. all these tags are fantastic! Love all the beautiful details and colors on each one. Fabulous design and great inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. YAY for your fabulous trio of travel tags! I was so impressed at how the tags' styles totally matched the locations you were highlighting! My favorite was the London one, in which I could totally hear your words being said in that "brilliant" British accent! I lived in London for a year and a half and this tag totally took me back there. So thanks for the eye candy and mental vacation escape!

    ReplyDelete
  20. As usual, you have outdone yourself with the eye candy! Love your tags!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!