Friday, April 25, 2014

Stampendous & Dreamweaver Bloghop

Today is the final day of the Dreamweaver Stencils and Stampendous blog hop.  I was inspired to continue playing with the canvas panels from yesterday.


 This lady started from a panel coated in gesso and a layer of misted cherry blossoms.

I used the Cherry Blossom Stencil from Dreamweaver and spritzed the Dark Cherry Glimmer Mist onto the canvas.  I had to mask around the stencil to protect the rest of the canvas.

I stamped the lady image onto the canvas using black ink and heat embossed it with black embossing powder.  I spritzed the same glimmer mist onto white cardstock and stamped the the flowers using black ink. I stamped them 12 times and cut them out to create the layered flowers.  I stamped two small butterflies on the same background and highlighted them with the white gel pen.

I stamped the sentiment on tissue paper and used decoupage to attach to the canvas.

For my second project I used the Steampunk stencil and placed it on an old book page.

I used the Dreamweaver Embossing Paste (White) to stencil the image onto the textbook page.

After the image dried I spritzed brown, blue sprays over the surface.  I then used gold paint to highlight the embossed areas.  I mixed in images from the Stack Art kits along with the sentiment form the coordinating clear stamps.  I added a few stamped images on tissue paper which were decoupaged to the surface and blended with more sprays and inks.

Products: Steampunk Stencil (LX7018),   Cherry Blossom LG644, Dreamweaver Embossing Paste,
Stampendous - Stack Art - Angel Wings StampsDaVinci HorseSteampunk Charms, Art Perfectly Charms, Stack Art - Regal Bid Quotes Clear Stamps,   Gold Paint, Glimmer mist - Blue, Dylusion - Brown, Gears, Snaps, Screw Brad

Hop along to all the other fabulous inspiration:

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz








40 comments:

  1. I love your pink lady. (Doesn't that sound like a cocktail?) Anyhow, very different for you but you did it so nicely you need to do more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both projects are really beautiful! The misted cherry blossoms on the canvas look quite ethereal. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Blossom Beauty and I love how you did the Steampunk canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love love your your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are truly amazing. I have had such a good week, like my own private viewing at a gallery! Thank you. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two very different and wonderful projects! Especially love the book plate and its vintage appeal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Blossom Beauty is STUNNING - LOVE the colour, LOVE the flowers and LOVE the butterflies - LOVE IT ALL!!!
    Your 2nd project is SO COOL, LOVE the metallic colours, the textures and the sentiment too!!!
    THANK YOU for sharing your CREATIVE INSPIRATION :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous projects! Love the pinks and the flowers on the first one! Love all the gears and the gold on the second one! I have enjoyed the hop this week - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, Miss Lady!!! Your projects seriously ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved the first project and then got to the second. It is amazing. I love all of the layers and embellishments. I have to try one of these pages. Thanks for sharing two gorgeous projects.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous work on both your projects, love the pink flowers on the first!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You never cease to amaze me! I would love to spend a day (or more) in a studio with you just creating projects! Both of your's are absolutely lovely. Your lady in pinks is just gorgeous, I love that you made the cherry blossoms dimensional. The old book page is sooo cool! I love all the layers and added elements. Very nicely done! As usual!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your face canvas is spectacular and the steampunk piece is also quite stunning!! You are a genius! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful use of pinks for the first card. But my fav has to be the steampunk one. I just love all those mechanical pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw your first card on pinterest. I fell in love with it because I really love women faces.And your second project is totally different but very clever done.Love the look of it. Anneke.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your flowers on the first project really caught my eye, plus the background - so soft. I love it. The second card - the mixed

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love both of these projects but the pink lady is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two great projects but the lady is awesome! Great canvas! Thx for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both projecs are amazing, Suzanne. Thanks so much for creating such fantastic yumminess with the products!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the misted cherry blossoms on the canvas and all the gears on the second.
    Sue in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both project are great. I love all the flowers you used for the pink lady. Very creative eyebrows. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both of your projects are great, very creative. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your projects are both lovely. I especially like the steampunk piece. Thanks for sharing with us how you made them.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both of your projects are so nicely done! The cherry blossoms are perfect for Spring and the steam punk is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are both just beautiful, Great idea with the old book pages. I have plenty of those around here. I'm going to have to play with that idea for a bit. Great shares. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your work is gorgeous--as always!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! I am in love with what you did with the steampunk stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW...what two amazing project! Love the first one with the great flowers all around, even on her eyebrows!

    Your steampunk project is incredible with all the dimension and the patina look. Fantastic job on both!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous projects! I love the flowers on the first one, and so much great texture on the second!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a gorgeous canvas! I love the flowers and colors, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my gosh, both projects are so wonderful!! I always love your work, I don't know how you do it, ha! I love the cherry blossom background and the stamped and layered flowers and the butterflies, wow! And you old book page is just awesome, it does look old too. Great work, very inspiring! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the pink flowers, the pink camvas and the lady's face. Wonderful, TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I adore her eye-brows! she is an adorable lady;) thanks, -con

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the metallics and the steampunk look.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow! You have a wonderful imagination. I love how you stenciled over the face and used flowers as eyebrows! And the steampunk project is beautiful. Right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  36. OK Suzz, I'm going to just be honest here - your first canvas panel really didn't do much for me. It's nice, but it just didn't move me. Then your next project appeared as I scrolled down a little and WOW! I love it! I'm not really a big steampunk-y person, but your use of color and texture make this so beautiful. Very creative, and I absolutely love the corrugated cardboard backing! 5stars!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!