Sunday, April 27, 2014

Mellow Yellow

How about some bright yellow sunshine?   Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge  this week is Mellow Yellow!  I was excited to play with yellows. 



I think I have been overdosing on the Stampers Anonymous bird.  He has been out on my desk quite a bit lately.

I decided to take an old wood plaque (green) and paint it to a lovely yellow color.  I painted it white with gesso.

I added a layer of Embossing Paste through the honeycomb stencil.  Then layers of yellow mists with a few coats of a darker yellow mist to provide shading.

I stamped the rulers using a gray ink and distressed the honey combs with a touch of brown dye ink.


Then a nest of ribbon died yellow, ruler stamped on ribbon, and raffia.  I added a few eggs in the nest.


I first finished my plaque and walked away to think about what I could add and I decided a branch full of flowers.


Outside I went to get a branch to add to the background.  I misted up tissue paper and cut layers of flowers and put them together on the branches.

Products:  Gesso Tattered Angels – Glimmer Mist – Sun Sisters.  I Ranger Archival Ink – Watering Can  Stampers Anonymous Bird Feather SetTim Holtz Layering Stencil - HoneycombMemory Box Blossoms Flower Die,   Maya Road Art Journaling Stamps, Stampers Anonymous - Artful Tools,    Stampers Anonymous - Tiny Words,

Come play along with us  for an opportunity for a chance  to win a   Simon Says Stamp $50 Gift Voucher.


Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz


20 comments:

  1. the way you did the honeycomb and overall look of this - might be my favorite of all your projects I've ever seen!! something about it just sings to me - so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear Suzz, this is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzz, this is gorgeous. Love how you've made Yellow a bit grungy! Jean.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzanne! This is gorgeous! I love your style. Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... this is such a gorgeous creation, Suzz. Love all the beautiful embellishments and details on this piece. The feather on the bird and the nest are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzanne...your yellow piece is gorgeous. That bird...that bird...I LOVE that bird! I love how you've done the twig coming out from underneath the "nest" and the sweet birdie. I love your sentiment and I love your background; how you've mixed text, texture and patterns. Beautiful! I also wanted to thank you for the nice comment you left on my blog about my CC3C triptych! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my Suzanne! What a gorgeous work of art! The background looks amazing! Love all the texture and the gorgeous bird!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning Suzz,a s soon as I saw this piece I fell in love with it. I adore the bird, it is one of my favourites and he sits so beautifully in your design. The honeycomb background is just breathtaking as is your design. One stunning piece. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty colors and what a fun design with the addition of the a feather.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fantastic!! Love the gorgeous textured yellow background with the honeycomb and rulers. The bird is wonderful and your embellishments too. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is so beautiful! i just want to touch it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh wow! this is gorgeous! Love the dimension and texture! The feathers on the bird are such a great touch! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty! I LOVE that feather added to your bird. What a clever idea! This is a wonderful project.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This design is eye-catching! Wonderful texture with hexagons and beautiful details, feathers, small flowers ... everything! My favorite project amongst yours! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love, love...LOVE this piece!! Every single thing about this is just fabulous and the detail is outstanding!! It's really stunning Suzz and like others have said, one of my all time favourites of your wonderful work!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW, Suzz, this is simply beautiful!
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yup - another one adding it to the list of all-time favourites - it's absolutely stunning, Suzz! I love the feathery additions to the bird, the dimensional nest, and the gorgeous soft honey tones... fabulous background too.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is absolutely so fabulous that I made my husband come look at it, too! (He liked it as well)! The textures are just incredible and I love how its beauty is literally spilling over the edges. Really extraordinary piece and I feel very refreshed and inspired by looking at it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!