Monday, June 23, 2014

Art Journey & DarkRoom Door Hop!


This week the Art Journey Design Team and the Darkroom Door Design Team are hopping together all week. That means 5 days of fabulous artistic inspiration!  For all the details go to the Darkroom Door blog or the Art Journey Blog.

I decided a series of ATC's would be a fun way to mix in the different stamps and give me a chance to play with all of the different images.

My first ATC used a misted background in yellows and grays which inspired the colors on the card.  I stamped the beautiful Art Journey Baroque Swirl using the Ranger Archival - Watering Can around the edges.  I added the clock form the Darkroom Door Tick Tock set along with the sentiment.  I finished the ATC with a pair of butterflies from the Darkroom Door Butterfly Collage.

My next couple of ATC's were inspired by the Art Journey - Postcard stamps.   I started with a leftover piece of inky background created with shaving cream.  I stamped the bird and the postmark onto part of the inky cardstock. I cut an ATC sized piece of the background.  I stamped the postmark along with the postcard using the same gray ink.  I cut out the bird and the letter along with the postmark to pop dot and attach to the front of the ATC.  I stamped the pencils and pen nibs from the Darkroom Door Vintage Office along the sides.  I added highlights using Signo White Gel Pen.

This ATC went back to the first background of yellow and gray glimmer mists.  I stamped the Post Card images first and added the image of the little girl writing her letter.  I added the pen nibs along the bottom and a few more splotches of inks around the edges. 

For my final ATC I switched up my accent color and used the pretty Ranger Archival Ink - Cornflower to stamp some of the images and the Versafine Toffee.
The background is a mix of stamped images from Darkroom Door Tick Tock, Vintage Office and New York Volume II along with the Art Journey Postcard set. 

Darkroom Door and Art Journey will be giving away a few prize packs, with winners randomly chosen from ALL of the blog hop comments received by Sunday, June 29th. Lots of chances to win some goodies, just leave a comment on this post to enter!
 
Your next stop on the blog hop is the talented Corine van Kuilenburg!
 
Remember, if you find a link that doesn't work, you can always hop back to the Darkroom Door blog (http://www.darkroomdoor.com/Blog) for a complete list to all the blogs in the hop!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Suzz
 

67 comments:

  1. Awesome ATC's Suzz!! Love the layering and techniques! :) Thanks for being a part of the blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing!!! Beautiful every one of the

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these ATC's, Suzz! The colors are great; I especially like the blue one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful, inspiring ATCs Suzanne! A wonderful set, showing the beauty of Darkroom Door and Art Journey stamps together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neato. I love them all--couldn't pick a favorite. Just the right balance, which I find so hard to do with collage work, but I do admire it when I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beatiful,lovely atc's..............

    ReplyDelete
  7. They all are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Suzanne
    I just love your ATC's, They are stunning. The combination of Art Journey and Darkroom Door work very Well and your coulours and compositions are great! Thans so much for your work! I Will come Back to see more of it in the future.
    Louise Kolker
    Art Journey

    ReplyDelete
  9. you have a great way of using colors. wonderful ATC's

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are really great ATCs. Love your colour combinations and your mixture of elements.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous set of ATCs.... I keep looking at them trying to choose a favourite & I can't they are all so beautiful. I have to say that I especially love the colour combination of the last card. Just goes to show how brilliantly these 2 stamp manufacturers' products work so well together hand in hand

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like it.. love them all.. great ideas..
    i get..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...these all look fabulous Suzz...I have some of these stamps and you have given me some great ideas!!!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such lovely cards...almost scenery's Suzanne! Gorgeous.
    greetings, Alie

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely set of atc's! Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great set of ATC's. I love the layering.. and the colors you have used ! So nice to see your work !

    gr. Dianne ten Hove

    ReplyDelete
  17. all your atc's are fabulous! all the details and dimension.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great mix of stamps and lovely backgrounds! The first one is my fav! greets Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great ATC's! Love the fine colouring. All little peaces of great artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful ATC's Suzz! I think my favourite is the last one, but they are all so lovely, it's actually hard to choose. Thanks for sharing your lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm a big fan of atc and they are grand.
    Marie-Anne Raeman

    ReplyDelete
  22. What lovely ATCs, I really love the colour schemes you have chosen. There are some stamps there I am seriously hankering over, love those paintbrushes and you have persuaded me I need the Cornflower Blue ink pad now too! Great inspiration for projects and the shopping list too! Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful ATC Sue! They are all so different and the colours are wonderful. Fabulous stamping!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are gorgeous! I think the first one is my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Really terrific job of mixing different images and having them work so well together on your card creations. Very very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Amazing collection which certainly showcases both stamp companies to perfection.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely use of colour to accent your ATCs.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your backgrounds on all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your ATC's are stunning Suzanne....I love the depth you have created with those wonderful stamps and fabulous colours. Thank you for sharing
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh wow. These are fantastic. Nothing more needs to be said. Love them

    ReplyDelete
  31. So nice to see these lovely ATC's. Miniature masterpieces.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yess I agree, fabulous stamping!! Love your ATC's!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ohhhh!!! just loving your delightful postcard designs, such detail and fab colour schemes !

    ReplyDelete
  34. love these ATC's! Wonderful muted colors and gorgeous details. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Adorable ATCs indeed! I see you have done hundreds of them...

    ReplyDelete
  36. What fabulous ATCs, Suzz - I love the greeny blue pigeon post one, and the first one is so glamorous in gold. Lovely showcase for those fab stamps.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your atc's are all just great! Love the colors you used too.

    ReplyDelete
  38. These are all fabulous but the Butterfly one is my absolute favorite!! I love the colors and the flourishes are also quite delightful! Absolutely GORGEOUS! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Very Cooool DD & AJ ATC's, Suzanne! Each ATC was so unique and fun to look at! Wonderful blog hop creations!! Thanks for making our hop so enjoyable!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Suzz. Love the ATC's. The stamps are great. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful ATC. Love the stamping. Thanks for sharing Anneke.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love all these ATC's and such a wonderful mix of stamps and great designs. x

    ReplyDelete
  43. What a lovely set of ATC's! Great use of the stamps, I like the colours you have used too.
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love the soft colour palette you use. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Fabulous Cards!! Love the one with the dove! Thanks for hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  46. A beautiful set of ATC's ! I love the backgrounds !

    ReplyDelete
  47. Love these little works of art which showcase both DD and A j so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Wow wow wow absolutely awesome ATCs, very inspiring :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!