Thursday, June 26, 2014

Butterfly House

I had purchased this sweet little bird house at the craft store with the intention of decorating it with my stamps.  When I saw the new hydrangea and butterfly stamps from Stampendous I had a vision of a butterfly house.

 All I did was paint the wooden house white.  I measured the exterior of the house and cut a piece of white cardstock to fit the front.  Getting the circle placed on my cardstock was the trickiest part. :)

I punched out the circle from my white cardstock and then I stamped the hydrangeas around the white cardstock.

I colored them with my favorite watercolor pencils and a waterbrush.

I then applied a coat of glue to the roof and used Stampendous color fragments to cover the roof of my house. I also added it around the bottom after I attached my stamped flowers.

I painted the butterfly with Americana paints and stamped the butterfly over the dried painted background. 

I made a little banner to stick in the top of my house.   I stamped it with a sentiment from the Stampendous Regal Art Stamps
I also had a little canvas:

 I painted the canvas and used the mixed media stamps inked up in paint to add texture. I stamped the image on tissue paper and colored her to decoupage her to the surface. I finished her flowers with a touch of paint.

Products: DecoArts Americana Paints, Stampendous Creative Palette, Stack Arts - Royal Hearts Rubber Stamp , Mixed Media - NK Studio Wired Cling , Lovely Garden dies, Lovely Garden Rubber Stamp,   Floral Lady StampColor Fragments  STAEDTLER Karat Aquarell Watercolor

Louise Crosbie (Scotland, UK)

Lea Kimmel (North Carolina, USA)

Claudia Neubacher (Vienna, Austria)

Asia King (Oxford, UK)

Iliane de Fockert (Elly) (Niedersachsen, Germany)

Suzanne Czosek (Illinois, USA)

Julia Stratford-Wright (near London, UK)

Kristine Reynolds (California, USA)

Angelica Stark (Hudiksvall, Sweden)

Mark Gould (West Sussex, UK)

Debbie Cole (California, USA)

Jamie Martin (Oklahoma, USA)

Tobi Crawford (BC, Canada)

Wendy Price (New Jersey, USA)

Jessa Plant (Arizona, USA)

A few of the bloggers this week are new to hopping, so if you have an issue with any of the links, here's a little tip! If you get a page that says "Sorry that Page is not here" or something similar, try clicking on the header of the blog, or look for something that says Home. The hop page should be near the top of the day's posts. We will fix broken links as the day goes on, as well, so check back here if you are really lost.

The Official Rules.

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz


39 comments:

  1. I love the bird house. I was thinking that a hummingbird could be used on this as well. the lady is so pretty.
    thanks for sharing this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're killing me here, Sue, with your adorable creations today and yesterday! This is so very sweet, just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fantastic. You are so clever and this really looks like fun. I think I might have to try this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with your sweet butterfly house! LOVE the colors, they are so cheery!
    Your canvas is beautiful! LOVE the detail on the girl's hair! So pretty! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzz, you always create the prettiest projects! I love your birdhouse, it's so darn adorable. Your little canvas is sooo pretty! I would gladly hang it in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice bird house - will it be a gift? and I really liked the canvass; she is so pretty. thanks, -con

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bird house. The flowers pop out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been truly amazing this week....another twofer! They are both lovely and I could give them a home lols. Thank you so much for sharing your art this week, it's been great x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just so lovely & summery. Such a great & unique idea & wonderful texture on the roof. Really enjoyed your posts this week

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet little project. Absolutely lovely! Erin xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet little project. Absolutely lovely! Erin xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful birdhouse. It looks so sweet. Lovely fresch Colors and a wonderful sentiment. Have a goodbweekend Anneke.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Suzz, what great projects! Your little house is so sweet and the mini canvas is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, that's very cute and beautiful!!! I love your little birdhouse and its roof, using the Stampendous fragments, fantastic idea! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The bird house is very pretty, I really like it! And your canvas is fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both are beautiful, love the house !

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your projects and thank you for using my Stampendous Wired Stampset on your canvas background- makes me happy to see it used :) Have a great day, nat

    ReplyDelete
  18. just divine Suzz and aren't both pieces a contrast. love your use of the fragments - great texture

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your projects are so beautiful!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a sweet little birdhouse and canvas. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so cute! Thanks for sharing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The Hydrangea stamp is just gorgeous. What a great project.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a cute new idea for a birdhouse! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the texture the flakes have given the bird house x Very cool way of using them x

    ReplyDelete
  25. what a great bird house. Butterflies would love it too!!! very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  26. All your projects are so lovely, Sue! The birdhouse is sitting on my office shelf right now reminding me that spring and summer are filled with flowers! I really love the Frantage Color Fragments on the roof! They look like delicate eggshell. Thanks so much for sharing this and your Floral Lady Canvas. We've loved seeing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a cute birdhouse and clever to stamp on it...and I love the Frantage for the rooftop....very unique and pretty!! Love the canvas too!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful projects Suzz! I love the butterfly house roof! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a sweet bird house and wonderful canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  30. What delightful projects thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such wonderful ideas. Love your post

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful projects! I love this pretty birdhouse, the fragments looks awesome and I love the hydrangea stamp! And you canvas is so cool! I love how you used the mixed media stamps here! Great ideas. Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  33. My birdies want one. Great wonderful art.

    ReplyDelete
  34. So cute - absolutely love that flaky roof - what an inspired use of the fragments!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  35. i did not know you could stampe the image on tissue paper and colored her to decoupage her to the surface. Wonderful, love the color combos and the mixed media stamps. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love your painted house but the canvas is absolutely awesome! Thank you for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the texture on the roof and base and the stamps look amazing on your birdhouse!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!