Sunday, June 29, 2014

Lace Angel

I love the idea of all white projects or shades of white.  This week the   Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge   is all about shades of white. 



I have had this leftover dish soap bottle sitting out thinking it would be a great dress-form to decorate at some point.  The thought of shades of white had me thinking of my huge bin of lace and trim all white and ivory. 


So why not decorate my soap bottle with a mix of doilies, lace, trim and white flowers. I painted the bottle and repeated after dry. 

Then I decided to start with a doily along the bottom of the bottle.

After I put the bottom on I added a beautiful lace trim over the bust and added a row of flowers around the collar.  Well you get the idea I kept adding layers until she had a fancy frock made of lace and trim. 

Than I decided why not turn her into a lace angel.  A few tries later I have a a set of white wings stamped on kraft. 

I added a double row of pearls some white ribbon and flowers on waist. 

Now what does any good angel still need?  A set of wishes to hand out!  I die cut a series of hearts and placed them on wire stems.  I used the rubons with different words added a little angel dust.


Products: Maya Road Fabric Tape , Prima White Crochet Squares, Kaiser White Lace,  Prima White Flowers, May Arts White Ribbon, TIm Holtz Idea-ology Remnants Rub-Ons, Simon Says Exclusives Holiday Shapes, Wire, Melissa Frances Pearls, Kraft Cardstock, Stampers Anonymous - Tattered Wings , Hero Arts - White Ink, Ranger Distress Ink - Antique Linen, White acrylic paint, Stampendous Ultra Fine Glitter

Play along for a chance at a  Simon Says Stamp $50 Gift Voucher.




Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

21 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, wow, this is amazing!! What a brilliant idea and the end result looks amazing! LOVE those wings! The whole angel looks just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous. Beautiful project. It looks so elegant. Very inspiring. Thanks for your inspiration. Anneke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! Beautiful! I like the wishes on the wire stems, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly stunning, and what a fantastic idea and gorgeous way to alter a bottle. I adore all the layers of lace and the heart wishes are just perfect. Love it Suzz. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh this is stunning! Love the lace and Pearls. The hearts are so cute! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous piece, Suzz! Love the touch of sparkle!!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowza Suzanne! Love the gorgeous angel! All the trimmings are so elegant and gorgeous! Love the pearl necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! Those hearts stole my heart...I love the glitter. Such a wonderful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, delicious - feminine and sparkly - she's beautiful!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely and CREATIVE angel... LOVE IT all... I am going to start on a small collection of bottle... but after seeing this.. you have inspired me to do a few big ones too... love this ... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like to make Santos at Christmas (ala Wendy Addison) but never have inexpensive bodies to use (I make the head and arms from polymer clay). Now I will be saving all my small plastic bottles because, as you have shown here, they make great bodies! This angel is lovely and I appreciate the sharing of techniques and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a gorgeous creation!!! Love all the beautiful details. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! That is definitely the fanciest soap bottle makeover I've ever seen! Lucky soap bottle! I really like how you're always thinking outside of the box and this was bursting with creativity. Love the pearls at the "neckline" and the hearts are just gorgeous. Really great piece and I'm so appreciative of the inspiration you provide!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That must be the most beautiful soap bottle ever! Love the lace, doily, wings and wonderful glitter hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looooooove your soap bottle, Suzz. Really a stunner in white with all the lace and pearls. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow-this is one spectacular transformation of a soap bottle!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Suzz your angel is so pretty! love all details! barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is stunning Suzz...I think it's one of my favourite projects that you've ever created!!! I love the delicate textures you've created and it's such a clever way to alter a bottle...just fabulous!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a fantastic project. Love all that lace and those shiny hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  20. so creative and fun!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!