Sunday, June 22, 2014

Moments

Is there something in your stash that you don't use enough?  Or do you have a technique you love that you forget to use?   This week the   Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge   is to showcase a project doing something you should use more of or do more of...

There are quite a few extremely talented scrapbookers on the Design Team at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge.  When I thought of what I should do more of I thought of all my pictures which I could be using in layouts.

This photo is a photo of my youngest and Grandpa at one of Grandpa's sledding parties.  The yellow in my father's shirt inspired me creating a yellow based layout.

The background a mix of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist dripped and splattered direct from the bottle with out the spray top on.

After that I used the pretty doily stencil and sponged on black dye ink randomly.

I mixed in a bit of script, and circles.  I added a sentiment on acetate which was stapled onto the layout.

Maybe this will keep me inspired to scrap more projects.

Products: Tattered Angels - Glimmer Mist Marigold, Simon Says Stamp Exclusives Set of Snowflakes Dies, Tim Holtz Doily Stencil, DarkRoom Door - Tick Tock, Ranger Archival Ink - Black, Memento Dye Ink - Tuxedo Black, DarkRoom Door - Coffee Stain, Black Pen, Acetate, StazOn - Jet Black Ink, Filmstrip, Tissue Tape

Come show of your unused technique/products and play along for a chance at a  Simon Says Stamp $50 Gift Voucher.



Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

13 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful layout, Suzz. Love how you created the fabulous background. Great photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning layout! Love the stencil and choice of color! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout Suzanne! Awesome photo! What a great keepsake! Love all the stenciled detail and burst of color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout, Suzz! Love the bright & happy pops of yellow :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Suzanne. Really love you ATC. Love your design Anneke.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the textures! I will have to try stamping a doily on a layout, love the look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unusual but amazing Lo!!!! Love your stencil on the background! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  8. My gosh, this is so pretty! Love the black/white/yellow combination as well as how you split the saying (which is so true!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. This layout turned out beautifully! That picture is so precious and I love how it is the focal point, even though it's surrounded with a beautiful layout. Loved your color choices, too, which are unique and modern!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous layout Sue and such a precious photo. Love the wonderful background you created.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful layout and something that you will be able to treasure forever. The photo is so precious and sits perfectly on the wonderful background you've created...I love it Suzz! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO LOVING that you did a scrapbook page!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!