Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Texas!

Hi Y'all!

We are just back from a long road trip and we visited family in Texas.  We had a wonderful time (thanks Linda & Dan) .  I even was able to sneak away and visit a lovely stamp store in Salado Texas (Stamp Salado) and in Georgetown Texas there were a ton of fun Antique stores and a fabulous little tea shop called Lauren's which we had the best lunch.

One of my favorite antique store that we went into was called Gatherings and she had so many incredible and fun things.  I spent a good half hour in the front of the store before my SIL started calling for me because I took so long.   I highly recommend a trip there if you are in the area.

I created a few different projects today along with a few photos of my finds. I had to keep my purchases small as our van was fully loaded with five of us and all of our suitcases. :)
 First up is tag using one of the Texana Designs that I purchased.  They are designed by someone in Texas and I loved that there were a variety of Texas based stamps.  I ended up buying a bunch of them to make cards for the family we visted in Texas.


 Here are a few I purchased in cling. I also picked up a few more Wood block stamps for the flowers.


 I brought my STAEDTLER Karat Aquarell watercolor pencils along with a waterbrush my sharpener and some white cardstock.  I inked up some of my new stamps in Texas and colored them.  I finished my projects this morning.

My next purchases were some Paperbag Studio stamps.  I picked up this lovely lady and stamped her on a tag.  I stamped and colored the image this while in Texas but had to wait until I got home to add the embossing paste over the image.


Here are a few other little finds starting with this little lead dog.  I love that he is hand painted and looks a little rough. :) (Don't we all start to show our wear over time?)


 I also picked up two vintage stamps.  There were so many at the Gatherings store but I had to limit it to one so I picked the dog stamp. The other was an advertising stamp which I just thought was fun.


 Sorry for the long post but wanted to share a few of the goodies and fun that I had while on vacation.

Have a lovely day!

Suzz

5 comments:

  1. Loving your tag- gorgeous colors! Your lovely water colored card will be much appreciated! Loving your next project, the flowers on the bottom are a great accent. Texas is a long haul- bet it will be a trip the kids will remember forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! Thanks for sharing your road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the last tag because the stamp of the lady is unique. Do you know what company makes this stamp? I'd love to get my hands on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I went back and read your post again and you said it was from The paperbag company!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!