Sunday, January 19, 2014

A is for Altered Arches

 Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge  is brought to you this week by the letter "A"... The challenge is to be inspired by the letter "A".  I was inspired to create an altered arches using Authentique's Valentine's papers.  .

Here is the full display:

 Click on the image to enlarge it and see the full image.

A few close up pictures:
The other end of the arches:
and the middle:

The unfinished arches after the pattern paper was cut and taped down.  I smeared white acrylic paint over the surface to soften the edges:


The back side is covered in coordinating papers and linked together with hinges.
I traced the arches on the reverse side of the papers and cut them out.  I cut chicken wire to fit over the opening of the arch.  I stapled the chicken wire to the chipboard.  I taped the pattern paper onto the chipboard arches.  I then smeared white acrylic paint over the surfaces.

I attached the hinges on the reverse side of the arches. I hand cut the different images from the various papers.  The doilies were painted with pink and white acrylic paint. I sponged the edges of the cut images and the doilies with brown dye ink.

Products: Smitten, Graphic 45 Sweet Sentiment,   hinges ,   white paint,   Lace Trim, Idea-Ology - Lavish Trimming, Bo Bunny Doilies, Heart DoiliesScrew Brads, Ranger Distress Ink - Vintage Photo, Claudine Hellmuth Pink Acrylic Paint
 

Come join in the challenge this week  for an opportunity to win a  Simon Says Stamp $50 Gift Voucher.
Thanks for stopping by! 
 
Suzz

18 comments:

  1. This just blew me away Suzz. You never know what beauty awaits you, when you visit your blog. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzz, what a wonderful gorgeous dreamy piece of art. I love the whitewash over the papers and the gorgeous imagery. The doily is beautiful and I love love the addition of the chicken wire. Stunning. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... Suzz, this is such a gorgeous design! I love those elegant flowers and angels. What a stunning artwork! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzz...LOVE your vintage Valentine piece! Those arches are simply lovely. Where in the world did you find chicken wire that small? I love your choice of colors and papers. The victorian cherubs and flowers really are stunning on this piece. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cool project, Suzz! I'm loving that you added chicken wire :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty project Sue! Love the mix of chicken wire and beautiful patterned papers! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Arches! Very clever! And pretty too. I love the beautiful details. I also love the way you used the chicken wire. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. STUNNING!!!! I love the idea of the hinged arches and the chicken wire is totally genius!! The paper is so pretty, this is such a beautiful, romantic project, LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, it's a wonderfull card with beautiful arches, beautiful papers and images ! Very lovely !

    ReplyDelete
  10. THis is so soft and lovely. I like the chicken wire you added in too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely shabby chic Valentine's make... and the chicken wire is so cool!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is an amazing work for Valentine's Day! really beautiful, the chicken wire is a detail that really impressed me! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh wow Suzz! This is amazing! Love the romantic vintage feel of it! Sooooo pretty! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty project Sue! Love the arches of various sizes, the chicken wire and the pretty papers you used.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a WOW project! Love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW!!! And DOUBLE WOW! I actually gasped out loud when I saw this because it is absolutely gorgeous! I truly love everything about this and the romantic feel you created is lovely. You are seriously a miracle worker to transform materials the way you do! This is one of my favorite pieces of yours ever!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely gorgeous... Did you cut the arches from wood, or chipboard?? Where did you find them.. what were the measurements of them. ?? Inquiring minds would love to make one!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!