Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Home

Hello!  We are staying in and keeping warm.  The weather has been very cold and keeping us in the house.  My project was inspired by the new DarkRoom Door  Welcome Home set.  I started thinking about traveling and our family road trips.  My family took a  road trip to New York (which was fantastic) and reminded me of warmer times.  Although at the end of every vacation we are happy to come home.

This card is inspired by that trip to New York.  I inked up  a piece of white cardstock using blue glimmer mist leftover on a craft mat.  After the background had dried I sponged orange dye ink over a honeycomb stencil.  I then stamped the Gazette Background using blue ink over the background. I stamped images from the New York Volume 1 and New York Volume II  using black ink.   I intermixed the images with stamps from Vintage Office Set. 

I am pleased and excited to announce that I am part of the 2014 DarkRoom Door Design team!  The design team is extremely talented.  I cant' wait to see what DarkRoom Door and the DT have in store for us in 2014.

Thanks for stopping by and keep warm!. 

Suzz
 

8 comments:

  1. ooh lovely to be on the Darkroom Door team Sue. I shall look forward to your DD creations. Your NY card is gorgeous, lots of depth and dimension there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Suzz, fantastic image and sentiment and Imlove the warm colour tones. Huge congratulations , I will look forward to seeing your creative pieces. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really gorgeous colours and I love the stamping... Congrats on the DD team - fantastic!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous Suzz. and congrats on making the DT ~ you'll be a great asset to the team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Massive congrats and I love this
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful ! Love the background you created !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!