Thursday, January 16, 2014

The Golden Nightingale

Happy Thursday! I am happy to see the week wind down... I am back sharing a new Stampendous stamp!  When we received the new release I fell in love with this  little bird.  He reminds me of the story of the Golden Nightingale by Hans Christian Andersen.   I was inspired to create a golden canvas with a mix of steampunk elements to represent the mechanical bird. .

I painted a piece of corrugated cardboard with a mix of gold and white paints. I spritzed gauze and muslin in pink and gold hues for the background.  I painted the gears gold and smeared black ink to highlight the raised surfaces.  I stamped the image with black ink and colored with watercolor pencils, mists, and white gel pen.  I embossed the edges of the die cut with Stampendous Aged Gold Embossing Enamel.  I also added a smattering of Mica Flakes over the background.

Have a beautiful day!

Suzz

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sue - great new stamp and you used it to perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowww, gorgeous!!!

    Greetings,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this bird, Sue! Can you give us a link to him?

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous Suzz. A cute stamp and a gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great make - fab steampunk/floral combo - and the altered metal pieces look brilliant!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!