Thursday, January 30, 2014

Happy Heart Day!

Time for another Valentine's day card. I decided to get my mojo on with the Mojo Monday Sketch #330.  This is the last week in the month so the Mojo Monday sketch offers up two different ways to use the sketch. this is a long and skinny sketch and you can make it in two different sizes. I chose the 6" x 3.5" size for my card.  To make it even easier for me I decided to use the colors in the Color Throwdown Challenge #277.

 I started with the cute dog Simon and his girlfriend from Simon Says Stamp - Simon in Love.


 I followed the sketch and rotated it.  I used Authentique paper for the bottom and added a touch of pink vellum with rounded corners.  The twine is May Arts.  I added a few hearts cut using Spellbinders Nested Hearts.   The image is colored with STAEDTLER Karat Aquarell watercolor pencil.

Sketch & Color Palette: 


Have a lovely day!

Suzz

7 comments:

  1. Hi Suzie...What a cute card...love these two lil critters, and they are definitely in LOVE! Awesome card hun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have missed your art and now I'm back! What an adorable card, Suzz! I love those cuties and the colors are awesome! That little heart on her bow is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Love the pair of pups. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling card Suzanne. Love the sweet image, the soft coloring. The heart accents look perfect. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute and sweet! Love the long and skinny card! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovin those dogs and this card is adorable!! Thxs for joining us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that sweet image and the vellum! Thanks for playing with us at Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!