Sunday, January 5, 2014

Feeling the Blues

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is back this week with a new Blues Challenge!    This can mean post holiday blues, hues of blues, or blues music. You pick the inspiration! 

I knew I wanted to play with glimmer mists, chalkboard inks and Dylusion sprays to create some inky blue backgrounds.  After I created the backgrounds I was inspired to create a masculine and feminine version of a blue card. My first card is the more feminine version of the cards:
 I sprayed the inks onto the craft mat and mixed them together and dragged my white cardstock into the inks. After they had dried I cut them up and used them for the various parts of my cards.
For the first card I stamped the damask using blue ink over the background.  I then stamped the postcard image onto tissue paper using black ink. I colored the image with watercolor pencils and blended them with a waterbrush.  After the image dried I used decoupage to attach the tissue paper image to the background.  I sprayed a flower and ribbon to match the background.  The sentiment was stamped using blue ink on another piece of the background. I cut it into a tag shape and distressed the edges. 


For the masculine card I decided to use the traveling man as my focal point.

I stamped the traveller using blue ink on the background and cut a circle around him.  I added shading and highlighting with watercolor pencils and gel pens.  I then stamped the background with a map image in blue ink.  I added the car and the banners.  The sentiment was stamped and cut up. 

Products:
Stampers Anonymous Traveler , Visual Artistry - The Journey, Stampers Anonymous - Warehouse District, Blue Ink, DarkRoom Door - Welcome Home, Signo Uni-Ball White Gel Pen, Distressing Tool, Hero Arts - Silver Metallic Decor, Screw Tops, Stampendous - Postcard Bird, Impression Obsession - Garden, Ivory Flower, Burlap, Pearls, Decoupage, Tissue Paper, Hero Arts Antique Flower Background, Ranger Archival Ink - Black


The ever generous  Simon Says Stamp. is offering a $50 Gift Voucher for one randomly selected participant in the challenge.  Come join in the fun!
Suzz

14 comments:

  1. I like the way you feel the blues :)
    Very pretty Miss Suzanne.
    Have a lovely day,
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Sue! Great idea to make two different versions. Love the bird on the first one, the blue backgrounds, the circle, banners and sentiment on the second one. And everything else!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love the feminine/masculine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzz...your cards are so pretty. I especially love your feminine one but then again, I love your style of creating such shabby, vintage feminine pieces. :) It's just so sweet. Your masculine card is also beautifully done. Love all of the detail on the front of the card! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not one, but TWO beautiful projects! I love the added white highlights. Wonderfully done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous inky effects and two great cards... but though I'm female, it's the "masculine" one I'd love to receive!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic pieces of art Suzz . You have used blues so creatively, I love your feminine and masculine versions. Absolutely love the travelling gent and the sentiments on both pieces are truly wonderful. As always fantastic design. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh wow, Suzz. Both cards are gorgeous! what a fun idea to do two kinds of cards! Really fabulous! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully executed designs in both cards! I love how each design is so lovely on it's own but they both tie into the blue theme :)


    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Postcard Bird card, such gorgeous colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow... both cards are gorgeous, Suzz. I love the beautiful blue color scheme you used on these cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous projects! Love both the feminine and masculine versions! That bird is gorgeous and I love the fishtail banners! So inspiring! Happy New Year Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are fabulous but the masculine version is my fav!!! I love the stamps you used!!! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  14. No matter what you make, I am always in awe! You deliver quality every single time and your pieces always have something that makes me feel inspired. I find myself scooting closer to the computer screen to see the gorgeous details of your work. I really loved the pieces and think you're basically brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!