Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Poppies are so beautiful

I went away for the weekend to get my Copic Certification. Learned tons of information. All available online. :)

I got home and was very excited to practice and realized.... I don't have enough of the colors grouped together to do the proper shading.

So I will keep practicing with what I have and slowly build up my colors.

I took my class at a stamp store in Eau Claire Wisconsin Named: Picture This http://www.mmemorieslast.com/. Lovely store, class room and a scrapping retreat right behind it. If you are in the area... Worth the drive to check it out.

This all leads into me acquiring some new stamps.


I picked up this great background stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms... Scrapblock Newspaper Ads 6 x 6.

I new I wanted to ink it up and used the light grey dye ink to create my background. The circle is 5 1/2" and mounted on a 5" x 5" square black cardstock.

I stamped the Flourishes Poppy onto the stamped background using Versafine Ink and used my watercolor pencils to color in the flowers.

I attached the little charm from Plaid and this is what it says:
There are always flowers for those who want to see them.

Products:
  • Cornish Heritage Farms - SB-119XUM Newspaper Ads
  • Flourishes - Poppy Patch Set # 35
  • Versafine - Black Onyx, Vintage Sepia
  • Memento - London Fog
  • Watercolor Pencils
  • Inkadinkado - Bumblebee 99259-MM
  • Plaid - Plenty of Flowers Charms
  • Ranger Stickles
Thanks for stopping by...

Suzz


8 comments:

  1. This is amazingly gorgeous, Sue!! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love this! And what a great mix of stamps:) Super shopping..

    So when you do get your copics, please share your color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love poppies! They always remind me of the Tuscany! Fab card, love it!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lovr this! It is just drop dead gorgwous! I have been fighting the Copic Craze you enableer. I love the BG stamp too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVELY card...always Love your designs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card!(I found you through the Hero Arts site on the blog addy roll thread.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ¡Que preciosidad Suzz!, entre lo que aprendiste y lo mucho que ya sabías, harás unos trabajos maravillosos. Es una lastima que Wisconsi, me quede tan lejos. De todas maneras siempre aprendemos contigo porque te explicas muy bien, así que cuando quieras haz un tutorial y te lo agradeceremos. Saludos. buen fin de semana.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on getting your certification.

    I really like that you chose grey ink for your background stamps. Makes it really look like an old newspaper and lets the poppies be the star of the project.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!