Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sneak Peek at Hero Arts

This weeks challenge was sneak peeks of the new releases from Hero Arts. Lisa Spangler did several new cards using a rose http://heroarts.com/blogs/club/2009/08/05/watch-it-wednesday-sneak-peek-3/ which were beautiful! I was lucky that the new rose was available at the local Archiver's and I was able to pick it up and try some of the techniques she used.
The technique I had seen Jennifer and Lisa use before is coloring on kraft cardstock after stamping. I have been wanting to try this for awhile. I stamped the outline using versamark on green cardstock and embossed with white embossing powder.


Then I colored in using watercolor pencils on the green cardstock. I really like the effect it reminds me of the cloisenne pieces I saw in China when we visited.

Products:

  • Hero Arts - Special Moments
  • Hero Arts - Antique Brocade
  • Watercolor Pencils
  • White Embossing Powder
  • Versamark Watermark Ink
  • Ranger Distress Ink - Antique Linen

Thanks for stopping by...

Suzz

8 comments:

  1. Hi, Suzz! Awesome card! New roses are so pretty! - You're so lucky! - The coloring and the color combo is great!

    I didn't know you were traveling at all. This post is from your home? Loved to see the Empire State building in NY and Niagara falls! Those photos brought back my memories. TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Siempre usas varias técnicas y aunque todavía no estoy muy al tanto, es como tutoriales tus trabajos.
    Esta tecnica me parece complicada, pero el resultado es magnífico e impresionante, gran trabajo. Tienes mucho gusto al hacerlos.
    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this rose stamp! You lucky girl! Wonderful card, love your coloring!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. The more I see this stamp the more I want it. Lucky you to get it so quickly. Love how you did your colouring on green card - so effective

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your sweet word on my blog.
    Your card looks absolutly beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Suzanne. Love the green (my fav color

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally love this one! The white on the greeen and the other colors you chose are lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!