Friday, August 21, 2009

Ruff's Up!

I had volunteered to send a card to a tween boy and hadn't gotten around to it until now. So this was my attempt at boy humor. First time I used gems for this type of embellishment. Hee... Hee... I think when you have dogs you spend a lot of time cleaning up after them. :)


The inside of the card has a little pop-up with the same dog and it says "What's the scoop?"

I hope he will appreciate the humor. I will try it out on my son when he gets home to see what he says.

My second card is a scrapling which I made into a magnetic bookmark. My middle daughter gets very little attention being the middle child and loves to read. So I combined the Hero Arts challenge which is to mail a card to someone into a special bookmark for my middle daughter. She will love it as she is a big reader and it has her initial on it.


The stamps for the bookmark / Scrapling are all Hero Arts. I covered the K with purple stickers and it doesn't show in the picture as nicely but it is a beautiful sparkly purple. The ribbon runs along the inside.

I used a thin magnet that we got at a parade. We are always getting these little rectangle magnets at parades, in the mail, etc. So this was a great way to recycle it as it is very easy to cut them and use them as they are so thin.

The dog-house is hero arts stamps for the dog and bone.

Thanks for stopping by...
Suzz

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE your dog scene. SO cute. Especially with the little "gift" behind him. I like your sentiments inside and out too.

    What a nice gift for you daughter. I'm sure she will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm now following you!! Just had to vist and tell you what a clever doggie card that is! Made me smile and laugh big time! I'm looking at my embellies in a whole new light....Cute little bookmark, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzz - love the card and the bookmark is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gracias Suzz, el card de la escena del perrito esta genial, no creo que sea mas fácil hacer un card de este estilo, aunque parezca divertido y sencillo, esta precioso. El marcapáginas, es una delicia, muy delicado el diseño, trabajas, siempre te lo digo, envidiablemente bien. Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool card for a teen!! But with boys you`ll never know! Love the bookmark, too!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I discovered your blog after following a link earlier today and loved all the creations you have shared so I have added your blog to my list and will be back often.

    I don't know about a teen boy, but I loved the little dog card. It really made me smile.

    The bookmark is really pretty.

    Lesley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!