Friday, May 20, 2011

Chapel Road Artstamps Blog Challenge - Masculine Altered Project

The challenge this time at Class Act is to create a masculine altered project.   I went digging through my pile of alterable items and found a paper mache box. 


I tried to create the feel of a chest that has been sent around the world.  I asked my DH what he thought and he said "Oh that is nice, you could use it for a jewelry box." LOL!  So much for what I think is masculine. :)

The base was painted with acyrlic paint (white). I let that dry and then pulled the orange dye ink across the surface which looked like grain in the wood. After that it was a mix of stamping and tissue tape.
The straps are made from leather strips and the buckles are from Zutter. I added a row of brass accents along the sides to add a little touch.

The stamp sets used for the project include: Wonderful World, Find Your Way, and Scribe.


You can check out the rest of the teams fabulous creations and the details of the challenge at the Class Act Insider

So glad you stopped by!  

Suzz

7 comments:

  1. Well, I like it and think it's quite masculine, too! Lovely work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab altered chest - love the colors and the added leather straps! Makes a wonderful Home Decor piece - would be perfect for holding the remotes - so they never get lost!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a very masculine creation, it looks fantastics how you used the inks to make the wood grain. Great altered project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have a box that shape, but I have many paper mache' boxes....you've inspired me! It's just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can say is WOW. Perfection and beauty in every detail.........

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is a treasure itself if you ask me! wow! love love the vintage look and it really looks like it has been traveling around the world! amazing amazing project, Sue! love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful altered chest! Love the buckles and brass accents!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!