Saturday, May 14, 2011

CR84FN28 - A little Whimsy

I love the bright and cheery colors for the CR84FN28 challenge this week.  The colors are red and yellow and neutrals.  I found this beautiful paper that reminded me of old wallpaper and had to use it for the base of the card.
  

 The rooster has been hanging around on my desk for a few weeks waiting for a chance to show up on one of my cards. I thought he was a fun touch of whimsy as well as perfect for the colors this week. The lovely lace is from Webster's Pages and it is soft and pretty and I hated to cover it up.

The sentiment is Verses MCS0643 -F Wishing You Always.  I stamped the sentiment and then embossed using an embossing folder and added a hint of yellow dye ink. The ribbon is seam binding and is dyed using the Ranger Stains (Mustard Seed).  Love how the Ranger stains quickly dye the ribbon.

My lovely rooster friend is from Layers of Color on a lovely set of stamps called Rise and Shine.

Here are the beautiful inspiration photos courtesy of Adam at Embrace Life. .

And what a perfect quote... So many times I second guess what I am doing on my cards and then I get wonderful feedback from my friends.  So I think to try something new is a good thing even if it doesn't shine the first time it helps us become better and more creative.


For all the details on the challenge this week go to the CR84FN blog.

The fabulous CR84FN Design Team:

Deborah Frings * Sue Lelli  * Andrea Matthews *  Stephanie Kraft * Suzanne Czosek (me)  *  Heather Jensen * Mona Pendleton  * Lisa Somerville  * Lin Brandyberry (Guest Designer)

Happy Sunday to you!

Suzz

21 comments:

  1. How pretty! Wonderful papers and lace trim! Love the cute rooster and sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a pretty card Suzz... your little rooster is super cute and the rest of the card is wonderful with him there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love the embellies and that rooster was meant to be placed on your card! Perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Suzanne! Love the fancy lace trim and framed framed sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzanne - this is so delicate and pretty, and I think the rooster looks fab!! It's a wonderful sentiment (just got that frame) in a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card Suzz, the colours this week are fabulous and you have shown them off to perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this, Sue - so charming, filled with everything that makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is finger-lickin' good!!! Sorry couldn't help myself!!! Suzanne, this card is AMAZING!!! Love the pretty patterned paper, the lace and the fabulously colored chicken!!! It's the perfect blend of traditional and country elements!! GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad that chicken finally got some use.. he is just adorable.. Your card is wonderful. I just love that sentiment.. Looks like some great colors this week..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is so pretty. I can't believe that you died this ribbon. I'm gonna have to try it. The bow is beautiful and I love the embellishment in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you paired that cute chicken with the pretty floral paper. The lace and seambinding are beautifully placed. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful, Sue! Love the background paper and the subtle diamond embossing behind the lovely quote.. love the rooster, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Suzanne, LOVE the rooster ~ So FUN ~ and LOVE your background "wallpaper" paper! FAB bow and lace, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your coloring of the rooster, suzanne! lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhh you made me smile today. I confess, I'm a chicken addict! LOL Very cute Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the soft and light colors on this, magical look and that ribbon is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i know exactly what you mean by the old wallpaper look Sue. The colours are really pretty and summery. Love the garland around your rooster's neck, lol!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous Card!! Love the DP you used, so summery and pretty. And I just LOVE LOVE LOVE your sentiment! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a cute card! I love the little chicken and the background paper, and I like the way you used what might be considered an "inside" sentiment on the card front! I will have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  20. such pretty details and LOVE how you colored the rooster! beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!