Friday, May 27, 2011

Miracles of Springtime - Lily Pad Cards Inspiration Challenge

Today is a Lily Pad Card Inspiration challenge.I was inspired by Sherri's card here.

The wonderful sponsor for this challenge is Simon Says Stamps!

I loved the idea of the butterflies starting out as being embossed and turning into three dimensional objects and of course she had me with the glimmer mist background! :)

Here is my CASE of Sherri's beautiful card.

Memory Box has just released some beautiful new dies and I used them to create the flowers (Catalina Border) and dimensional butterflies (Butterfly Delights).  The stamps are Memory Box (Miracles of Springtime - B1766, First Flight - F1328).

Recipe: 
1.Spray white cardstock with blue glimmer mist. 
2. Stamp butterflies using versamark and clear emboss with white embossing powder. (Make sure the glimmer mist background is completely dry. :) 
3. Stamp sentiment using versamark and heat emboss with white embossing powder. 
4. Die cut border and butterflies from white cardstock.
5. Cut background panel and front panel to size and add die cut pieces of flowers to create flower garden. :) 

All the details of the challenge are at the Lily Pad Cards Blog.
For more inspiration visit the wonderful design team:

Design Team: Alice Wertz, Deborah Nolan, Lin Brandyberry, Nancy Krueger, Sherri Thompson, Vicki Papaioannou

Have a wonderful Friday!

Suzz

12 comments:

  1. this is a stunner. Love the way you have made the background

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a beautiful card and I LOVE how the butterflies become 3D in flight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzz, I owe you an apology. I just adore your art. I have been a lurker for too long. I finally signed up to get your blog so I'll know when you post. Your artwork is always stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So soft and beautiful. Love the white on blue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely gorgeous Sue. those dies are worth investigating! a lovely delicate card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO pretty. I LOVE all those butterflies on the card! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is sooooo pretty. Love the soft blue and those butterflies go perfect together.. Hope you have an amazing weekend..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. All these butterflies make me giddy! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Love those new MB dies and all the wonderful dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sigh.... i WANT that die!!! =) gorgeous design and colors, Sue!! you are amazing! love love this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!