Monday, May 9, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge this week is anything goes. I have the lovely globes from GlobeCraft Memories and decided to create a wall hanging of the homestead. I used some old photos that I had in my stash.

Here is the full piece. Hard to see so I took individual photos:




The homestead reminds me of my great uncles farm house in Wisconsin. I remember walking through and playing with all the old photos: 
 

The next couple look so handsome all dressed up and having their picture taken in front of the porch with the trellis.  The pictures were taken in 1920's. 



Love the expression on the man's face in this photo. She is beaming and he looks so taciturn.




The backgrounds are a combination of papers and stamped backgrounds using the Artistic Outpost Ephemeral Backgrounds Plate, Oz collage, Home and The Outpost Plate.

Very fun to mix and match some of my vintage photos along with some bits of lace, charms, and papers. 

A close up of the header.

I didn't realize how hard it was going to be to get a picture of the project. :) 

Hope your Mother's Day was wonderful! Mine was terrific! Have a beautiful Monday!

Suzz







16 comments:

  1. How very special, Suzanne! I'm sure this will become an heirloom for your children. Wonderful idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome. How special to remember family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore vintage photos and these are stunning. What a fabulous keepsake and you have decorated the vintage photos so tastefully, lovely job. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely priceless, i love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your vintage photo are wonderful! The way you have displayed them in this beautiful wall piece with all the layers, colors, designss is wonderful. Very nicely put together. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Sue, this is fantastic. I love the combination of those colours - just the perfect compliment for those beautiful vintage photos. I love how you've used the lovely lace and crochet pieces inside the globes too. This is a truly wonderful keepsake.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous project, Suzanne. And the pictures you've inserted in the frames are priceless. I can see how getting a good pix would be difficult:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh My Gosh.. This is amazing. You are so creative.. I love this..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab home decor piece! The sentiment for your header is just perfect to go with the old vintage photos! Wonderful mix of "old" embellies you added too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, this is too funny, I am working on a piece like this right now myself, Great minds LOL
    Gorgeous work Suzz!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW those globes are cool. Don't you just love old photos! I'm working with one now of my gr-grandpa for a layout. Your project is wonderful Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an excellent project, Sue! I love the colors you chose and the beautiful banner to anchor your precious globe pieces. This is so perfectly inspiring and so perfectly crafted. Thank you for sharing this wonderful wall-hanging!
    blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cool! I love how the frame colors alternate : )

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a beautiful project, Sue! love the stamping and details.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful wall hanging! Love the vintage photos and sweet added details!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!