Saturday, May 28, 2011

Embellish - Text Color Trends Challenge

The Embellish Challenge is to use shades of black/grey and text.  The sponsor for this challenge is Hero Arts. (Yeah!)

I had fun playing this morning with the colors and stamps.
I sorted through all my Hero Arts stamps to pick out which ones I wanted to use. I decided to stamp the lovely flowers in a soft grey mixed with a slate blue/gray onto the envelope pattern background.  I added a touch of black to the petals with a watercolor pencil.

The text was added last. I inked up the definition cling stamp only along the bottom half of the stamp with a black dye ink. Wipe away with a wet wipe along the top edge of the ink to give it  blurred edges. Stamp over the envelope pattern background.  Wipe clean the stamp and repeat for the top half of the main image.

This works really well as the envelope pattern and friends definition are the same size stamp so positioning it was not a problem.
The butterflies were punched from glimmer misted crepe paper and stamped with the friends definition.
Products: Hero Arts - Envelope Pattern, Friends Definition, Sweet Threads - Thank You, Essential Messages

Hope everyone is having a lovely long weekend.  I am looking forward to using our pool as we are expected to get up in the 80's on Monday.
Suzz

20 comments:

  1. This is so so striking, I love those images, mmmm might take a look at Hero Arts. Love this card. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful design, Sue! What is it about text that is so appealing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Suzanne!! Your background is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing effect on this beauty Sue - and so many fantastic creations since my last visit - fantastic as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Sue! I too love text and that Hero Arts image is really lovely. I definitely think that definition stamp is on my wish list too.. This card is very impressive and classy.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning Suzz, love the black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great, I love how you did the masking of the flowers and the text.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning in B&W - love your mix of images. You can save this one for me for next year's BD!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what an amazing combination of stamps Suzz. A difficult colour to work with but you really hit it...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm floored. That is some AMAZING technique. And the results are stunning! Thanks for joining us at Embellish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning, Suzanne! I love the way you used the wipe away technique! Thanks so much for joining us for Embellish Color Trends!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love the way your flowers look. very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely card! Your technique created a stunning background!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty, Sue! Love the grayscale colors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these neutral shades of black and grey, so refined!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous design Sue, I really like how you incorporated the text into the background.

    ReplyDelete
  17. very pretty. lovely card and love how you used those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card! The mix of stamps is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous layering of stamps, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!