Monday, May 23, 2011

Merci

I am playing in two challenges: Paper Craft Color Inspiration #5 and Card Patterns Sketch #116.

The butterfly is much more glossy and delicate. Hard to get a good picture. The background is created from a really cool circle stamp from Stampers Anonymous. I used the watercolor markers to color the alternate circles with orange and pink. I spritzed it with some water and stamped in a diagonal to create a fun background. The Merci stamp is from the Hero Arts Thanks Clear Stamps Set. The butterfly pin is from Claires. I have taken to stalking the clearance center there with my DD when she wants to browse the jewelry.  They have so many fun pieces of jewelry which make great accessories on the cards. :)

I love the pink and orange color combination and thought this was a very fun pattern.  I worked from a loose interpretation of the sketch and used the tulle to give the effect of the sketch. :)


We had some big thunderstorms last night but no damage and no tornadoes which I am very thankful for. Today looks like some beautiful weather.  Hope your day is filled with sunshine!

Suzz

14 comments:

  1. Such a striking card...love the colors and the pop of the butterfly! Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab use of the color and sketch inspiraitons! Wonderful pattern you've created as your faux pattern paper! The addition of the Tulle/butterfly embellis is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, love the circles in the background and that butterfly is yummy. Love your masculine chest a few posts down too it's fabulous. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colorful background and gorgeous butterfly! Clever take on the sketch, Suzz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love love that background! so pretty!!! beautiful card, Sue! hope you have a fabulous week, my friend! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that circle stamps is very cool! Love the colors and the butterfly is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun background Suzanne! Love the bright color combo and elegant butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card. Love the tulle and black butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your take on the sketch Suzz... I just love the tulle...the bright orange and pink with the black... Another wonderful creation :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just recently rediscovered Claire's for crafty reasons...hadn't been in there in years, but the clearance is awesome!

    I know I don't comment often, but I visit your blog all the time, and love your creations. I tagged you with a Versatile Blogger award, and here's my post:

    http://onecraftymama-onecraftymama.blogspot.com/2011/05/versatile-blogger-award-holy-ahem.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so gorgeous, Sue! Love the colorful background with that black butterfly, fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty girlfriend.. Looks bright and happy..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully done. I never thought of checking the clearance section at Claire's for embellishments. I'll have to check that out next time I'm in the US. Thanks for playing along with us at Card Patterns this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really beautiful, Sue! Love your stamped background and the butterfly pin on the soft tulle really pops!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!