Sunday, December 8, 2013

Christmas Gifts

I have been shopping and wrapping this weekend. That fits right into my project this week for the
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge  to use tissue paper.   I love using tissue paper on my projects. Tissue paper is a great way to apply a stamped image on a variety of surfaces.  I always save the tissue paper from gifts to use for my projects.

I decided to use a pencil case to create a box that can be used to store pens/pencils and a great gift box for a teacher's gift.


Here is an angled shot showing  how the box opens up:

I started with the chipboard pencil case which I covered in white and yellow paint. I then added a touch of tissue tap around the edged of the box.

To cover the top I stamped the image on tissue paper with black water resistant ink.
I colored the image with watercolor pencils and waterbrush.  I partially colored this image to show you how the images look colored on the tissue paper.
I then painted the backside of the tissue paper to make the colors pop.  If I wanted them to be translucent and pick up the color behind the image I would have left off the paint.

I then applied them to the box with a decoupage medium on the box and over the tissue paper after I applied it to the box.

After the image dried I added a touch of white paint around the edges.  I then stamped the numbers around the edges using black ink. I am using this to wrap up a gift card.

Products: 
Paper Artsy Fresco Finish - Haystack, Snowflake, Crackle Glaze Indigo Blue - Dancing Children, Decoupage, Stampers Anonymous - Stuff to Say, TIm Holtz - Idea-ology Tissue Tape, Ranger Archival Ink - Black, Signo Uni-Ball White Gel Pen, Seam Binding Ribbon, Glimmer Mist - Blue, Pink, Waterbrush,

The ever generous  Simon Says Stamp. is offering a $50 Gift Voucher for one randomly selected participant in the challenge.   Come show your favorite way to use tissue paper.



Happy that you stopped over!

Suzz 

16 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I want to try to copy it and see how I go but this is such a busy week. Maybe I will get a chance later. It really is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how clever! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzz...this is such a cute vintage style pencil box! I love those little dancing children. Such a cute stamp. I also love how you've softly colored them and then adhered them to the lid of the box. Thanks for the tip to paint behind them if you don't want the tissue paper to be translucent. I probably would have eventually figured that out...after I'd ruined several attempts. haha <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable project Suzanne! Love those sweet little girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful pencil case Sue! And I need that children stamp, it is so pretty. Love what you did with the tissue paper here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun and lovely creation, Sue. I love the adorable image and it looked fantastic on the tissue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a fabulous vintage piece! Love it ! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous project, Suzz! I really love the main image :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great choice of colours and image for this pencil box. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a delightful project Suzz. You are so talented it is always a pleasure to visit and see what great inspiration you have.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous altered box Suzz, loving the delicate colours, perfect for,the adorable image of the children dancing, perfect for a teachers present. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a thoughtful Christmas gift-love the images!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful projects! your pencil case is very amazing! love the images you've used! barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a pretty project! It honestly never occurred to me to paint over the back. Such a brilliant idea! When I read that, I had an "AHA!" moment! Thank you for your inspiration. This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great gift- and that's coming from a teacher.
    Thank you so much for all the sweet things you said about my retro Santa! It really made my day to see what you said! And that came at the end of a very long week with my students, so it was huge!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!