Sunday, December 1, 2013

Flourish


Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge this week is to show off with a flourish.  From stamps to stencils, filigree to embossed, or a fancy swirl any flourish will do. 

I decided to play with my Gelli Plate, inks and a beautiful flourish embossing folder and create a card.


To create my background:

I painted the Gelli Plate with a mix of brown and a plummy paint.  I pressed an embossing folder into the paint and pulled some of the paint off the plate. I then placed the cardstock on the gelli plate and got a lovely soft effect.

I then spritzed the remainder of the paint with water and pulled a second print.


After that I picked one of the backgrounds to cut as my background on my card. I then stamped the image using brown ink and heat embossed using brown embossing powder.

I painted a few flowers to match my background for accents.  I then mixed in some flowers, paper buttons, and heart accents into the background.

Products: PaperArtsy - Pansy Fresco Finish, PaperArtsy - French Roast Fresco Finish, Stampers Anonymous - The Girls, Acanthus Embossing Folder, Bella Blvd White Feathers, Prima Flowers, Prima Parfait Flowers, Brown Embossing Powder, Ranger Archival Ink - Coffee, Prima Distressing Tool, Gelli Plate, Memento Sweet Plum, Ranger Distress Paints - Gold, Ranger Distress Ink - Vintage Photo, Melissa Frances Lace Trim, TwineMelissa Frances Chipboard Paper Buttons

The ever generous  Simon Says Stamp. is offering a $50 Gift Voucher for one randomly selected participant in the challenge.  Come Flourish with us!


Happy that you stopped over!

Suzz

19 comments:

  1. Be still my heart! What a powerful piece you have created. Most striking! Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really gorgeous and dramatic piece ! Xx hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue, what a beautiful card this is! The Gelli Plate background is beautiful. I love the subtlty of it and how you toned the rest of your colours to the pretty little miniature image on the left. Stunning piece altogether!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the background you created! The flowers are a wonderful accent to the sweet image. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just so completely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely Gelli plate background Sue and gorgeous contrast with the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful background patterns! I love all the layers of the fabulous embellishments, too. Such a great design! Suzz. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really pretty. I love the effect you created with your Gelli. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty background, Suzz. Love the soft purple color! And the vintage flowers are really beautiful! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. More gelli plate genius! I have GOT to join the gelli revolution! This piece is nothing short of breathtaking. It's really unique and I love the color palette and the sense of softness you created using flowers and lace and feathers. You have a great eye for all things elegant and vintage and I really enjoying looking at this little beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful background Suzz. The gelli plate really makes a pretty background. Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Suzanne! Love the pretty color palette and beautiful blossoms! That image is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning and I love your colour scheme with those soft pinky/plummy colours.... The Gelli backgrounds are so gorgeous, love them both but the second one is just a dream, LOVE it!!! The flowers painted to blend in are so pretty too!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely stunning Suzz, the background is so eye catching and I keep going back for another look. Gorgeous flowers and I love the little heart embellishment. Everything works so beautifully on this piece. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Suzz...your card is so sweet. I love your gelli plate background. That white washed effect is amazing on it! I also love your sweet little girl stamp and how you've colorized her to perfection to complimentyour background. The added flowers, lace and other little trinkets really are a work of art! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun creation, Suzz! Loving that background!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  17. BAck ground is stunning and combo colors that you used is absolutely original! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card! Love the gelli background, pretty flowers and the stamp that you used.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a beautiful, subtle print from the Gelli plate, and it works wonderfully as the supporting act in your gorgeous card. Love the vintage colour palette and style.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!