Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Wintry Decorations

The  Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is taking a holiday break from challenges but the Design Team is sharing wintry ideas to inspire your creativity.  

I took a close up of the decoration so you could see the sweet wintery butterfly hiding in the branches.

I had a fun time with my two sisters creating this hanging for the front door.  My sister went out into her yard and gathered a variety of branches, pine cones, berries and dried flowers.  I decided to paint all of the pieces with white acrylic paint.  After they dried I was able to add silvery glitter onto the branches.

I sprayed tulle with silver gray glimmer mist to create a bow at the top of the decoration.  I covered my pine cones with craft glue and put them in a Ziploc bag full of silver glitter and shook them up to coat them.

I decided to create my wintry butterfly by die cutting a butterfly from metallic cardstock and painting it with glue and covering it with silver glitter.

Products: White Acrylic Paint, Silver Glitter, Metallic Cardstock, Glue Pen, Craft Glue, Memory Box Butterfly, Crinoline, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Silver Sugar, Artistic Wire

Simon Says Stamp  wishes you all a happy holidays.
http://www.simonsaystamp.com/


9 comments:

  1. What a fun and great idea to make you're own wintery hanging from branches and stuff of your sisters yard! Love it! Really pretty! Hope you're enjoying the holiday season! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Suzanne,
    This is absolutely beuitful and what a wonderful idea. Anyone can gather twigs and pine-cones and make this charming wreath. I love seeing projects that are on everybody's budget. Especially when they are as pretty as this.
    Thank you for the idea. I'm going to save it and put it in my Christmas ideas file . . . maybe next year:) The added butterfly was pure genius.
    Keep Smiling.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzz....your work is always so beautifully done. I love this wintery white door hanging. The different branches and textures look amazing spray painted all in white. The silver bells at the top are the perfect accent of color for this elegant piece. I also love the tulle at the top! Your butterfly is so lacy and sweet sitting amongst the branches. I also love that you glittered up the pine cones. I bet this is absolutely gorgeous in person. I hope you and your family had a very Merry Christmas! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Suzanne! What a gorgeous piece of home decor! Love the gorgeous butterfly and jingle bells! Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Sue! What a great project to do together with your sisters. Love that you used so many garden finds. The butterfly, bells, glitter, whitewash effect, everything is perfect together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely..best wishes for 2014 Suzanne!
    Kind regards, Alie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! I love the little winter butterfly! Who, besides you of course, would've ever thought to combine an insect with snow? Your creativity never disappoints and I love the way this turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful idea!! Total white is absolutely wonderful! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful project, Suzz. Wish you and your family a happy new year. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!